Georgia family tracks down burglars with hunting dogs, handcuffs 'em to a fence.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To say this family was 'determined' to catch the bad guys would be a major understatement. I would not want them after me!

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=13153824

Normally this area of Ben Hill County is quiet and remote, but early Monday morning it was anything but. "We chased him and trailed this whole block and checked for footprints and chased him through pastures and through the woods until 9:30 or 10:00AM," said Adam Young.
An entire community of family members and friends even dogs helped track down and capture these two men as they were stealing from houses in the neighborhood. "With one of the suspects stealing a gun we didn't have time to wait they messed with our grandmother so we were gonna find them whether they did or not,"said Adam Young.

By the time the deputies actually got out here the homeowner had captured one of the two suspects and had the suspect handcuffed to a fence.
Deputies took the first suspect back the Sheriff's office for questioning but the family continued looking for the other suspect and this one took a little more work. "He probably run two-and-a-half miles through the woods through the swamp and we finally caught up with him on Old Coffee Road," said Young.
Six hours later, they were able to track down the second suspect.
"The second one we handcuffed him in Coffee County and leashed him to the back of the truck and got him to come back to Ben Hill cCunty where we picked him up," said Young.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
To say this family was 'determined' to catch the bad guys would be a major understatement. I would not want them after me!

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=13153824

I would say that the burglars are very very lucky to be alive, or at least intact. Meaning body parts.
icon7.gif

Hudson69

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This is slightly similar to the Michigan burglary/homicide thread but with much different results.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is slightly similar to the Michigan burglary/homicide thread but with much different results.
Well... they ARE Georgians after all.
I live right along the edge of Tenn, Ala, Ga. (Chattanooga) and given jes a five minnit drive anywhar willa git you to meet folks lak dat and well, I reckon yuh jes doan't mess wif 'em. Nice folk to be shore but... well, doan be a messin wif 'em is all am sayin.

...an yes, sum o' dem dew tawk lak dis. They're a hoot.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well... they ARE Georgians after all.
I live right along the edge of Tenn, Ala, Ga. (Chattanooga) and given jes a five minnit drive anywhar willa git you to meet folks lak dat and well, I reckon yuh jes doan't mess wif 'em. Nice folk to be shore but... well, doan be a messin wif 'em is all am sayin.

...an yes, sum o' dem dew tawk lak dis. They're a hoot.
Bless their hearts