Gen Choi's Book

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi all…

Anyone know where I can buy a copy of Gen. Choi’s TKD book? Even a used copy would be okay by me.

Also, has anyone read Dr, Kimm’s book on Taekwondo Self Defense? I haven’t been able to find a table of contents for that book, so I don’t know what the book encompasses in terms of content…one steps, forms, etc., or more of an “application” guide for the various techniques. If anyone can shed some light on what’s inside, I’d really appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Tae Kwon

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ebay tends to have a few. (I've noticed that searching for "Taekwon do" gets more ITF related stuff to pop out in search engines)

Also, www.comdo.com sells Choi's encyclopedia. (The books' just a condensed version of the full encyclopdeia set) Probably cheapest to go with the CD Rom version in any case.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Which one? I would love to have a copy of the earlier book (1959?) which had the Okinawan kata in it.

Miles

rmclain

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a copy of the early book. Seems that the 1st print date in the binding is listed as 1965. But, my memory could be bad. My father bought this book new while on active duty 1964-68. I can check if someone really wants to know.

It does have the Okinawan forms in it.

R. McLain