Games for Kids Classes

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What is your favorite games for kids classes. Why do you use that particular game what benefits or what lessons does it teach?

OP
Rob Broad

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of my favotie games for kids classes is Crab Soccer. You have hte kids play soccer while in the Crab position. Their butts are not allowed on the floor at any time. This really helps develop strong wrists, strong abs, and strong thighs. We use heavy bags for the goal posts, and kids have a blast when playing.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
We did relay races with monkey runs, running on all fours, log races, around obstacle courses, jumping over low foam fences, jumping on target pads on the floor. They also liked individual timed races. TW

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
My Instructor likes to play bull rush with the kids at the end of class...this of course would help with agility.

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi Rob,
As you know, I like doing an obstacle course "Walking through the Forest" with my Tiny guys (4 yr olds).

The older ones, I use the kenpo cards *not to be confused with Kenpo Kardz* - which is a deck of playing cards. Teams - captains choose a card from any of three piles. Whatever the face value is, I call out an exercise (push ups, sit ups, jjs) and the team does them.

All age levels - relay races. Run to me, do a tech, blocks, punches, kicks, whatever is chosen for the particular race, and go back to tag the next person.

They love to run. Parents love them to run!! KT

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dodgeball is a favorite in our school. The kids love to play it at the end of every class. They drag us adults up there to play when we are waiting on the sidelines for our class to start. Sometimes the parents who are not part of our school join in too. It allows the children to get to know the adults in the school and is really great for encouraging a feeling of belonging amoungst all of us. The plus side is that it is a good warm up for us adults before our class starts.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
The one that we probably do the most is one that we call "Poison Noodle." you get one of those foam pool-toys (that looks like a big noodle) and try (or pretend to try) to whack the kids with it. They have to try not to get touched (evasion and envioronmental awareness) or block (when we're teaching blocking set).

We also do what we call "Frog Wrestling" where they have to squat down and hop around and try to push each other over without touching the mat themselves. (balance and awareness).

S

sifu nick

I use the obstacle course and the belt game in which you use a cut up white belt and use them like flags. The first person to get both belts wins.

Latest Discussions