Fusho-Satori-Ryu

Akashiro Tamaya

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello Mr. Calkin

I am just curious as to what makes Fusho-Satori-Ryu unique and the foundation in which your art is based upon.

In other words, If I were a student searching for a new school and I came upon yours and a, let just pretend for the sake of my curiousity...a Kenpo School across the street and a Shotokan next door and a TKD Dojang 1 block away from you.

How would you present your art's uniqueness to a newbie such as myself ?

Thanks in advance for responding.

BruceCalkins

Blue Belt
Reaction score
There is not a point of how it is different but how it works for you. Fusho-Satori-Ryu was designed as an conformable art. I have many students with different disibilities and some just with preferances. Like if you go to a Tae-Kwon-Do school and you don't like high kicks... Look Out your in the wrong place. Personally I love what EP's Kenpo teaches with the grouped movements in stead of just basic punch kick curriculum.
We teach you all of the moves and them help you make the art your own. I have one student that loves Kicks so we no only blend his moves but we show him how to use his high kicks safely. then I have a student that has trouble with her knees. so I use the Sticky Hands techniques to let her stay in contact with an opponent and not need her legs. I have a different student that has trouble making the combinations in her head so I teach he more in the Kenpo Style of training her in Groups. She basicly in getting Kenpo training with Delayed Sword, Sword of Destruction, Dance of Death, Clashing Wings and so on.
Also our school is Open minded so if you evnet from a different school we don't tell you how ours is better we try to blend what you know with what we have and have fun.
Our instructors also have to work with our Self Method.
Self Confidance
Self Esteem
Self Awareaness
Self Discipline
Then Self Defense
We never give a Bad Attitude or a military aproach. Like Telling someone that their Punch is Bad... or The Kick Like a Girl... Like the "Kobra Kai" Type of school. We look for the postive only and try to build the other stuff with out the student knowing. If I see a Punch that is off line or Lacks power. I start by telling the student.."Great Punch.. That was a lot better than last time... Now lets try it again but this time try this........" Thats where I make the change with out them feeling bad about their progress.
I hope this explaines it. It is hard to explaine something like this in type I would have to show some one. That is why we have an poen door policy. All Students and schools welcome. But if your An Insturctor expect to get on the floow and take charge for a bit :)

OP
Akashiro Tamaya

Akashiro Tamaya

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response Mr. Calkin, I appreciate it. If you don't mind I have few more inquiries.

SokeCalkins said:
There is not a point of how it is different but how it works for you. Fusho-Satori-Ryu was designed as an conformable art. We teach you all of the moves and them help you make the art your own.

So basically, pretty much just like Jeet June Do ? Whereas it is the student that makes the art, not the art that makes the students philosophy ?

SokeCalkins said:
Personally I love what EP's Kenpo teaches with the grouped movements in stead of just basic punch kick curriculum.

So what you're saying is that basics are not taught in your curricullum ?

SokeCalkins said:
We never give a Bad Attitude or a military aproach. Like Telling someone that their Punch is Bad... or The Kick Like a Girl... Like the "Kobra Kai" Type of school.

If the military approach to training is removed, then the concept of martial ( Military) in the art itself is missing, thus it cannot be called martial arts anymore. Then what is it then ? "Arts" that has no martial in it is called Aerobic Kickboxing, Spinxercise or Tay Bow.

SokeCalkins said:
We look for the postive only and try to build the other stuff with out the student knowing. If I see a Punch that is off line or Lacks power. I start by telling the student.."Great Punch.. That was a lot better than last time... Now lets try it again but this time try this........" Thats where I make the change with out them feeling bad about their progress.

But if student shows weakness and wrong execution of techniques, Then giving them positive praises, would that warrant a false sense of accomplishment to those people ?. Pretty much giving a 3 year old a black belt and letting parents that now their child can defend himself/herself out of the street because he/she now has a black belt.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your qualification as an instructor ? Are you certified thru some proffesional known organization ?

Thanks for the response Mr. Calkin

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
I would also be interested in your credentials and what your base art is. Alot of the concepts you speak about are found in Okinawan dojos as far as people feeling good about themselves. Please tell us more as I would also like to know who granted you the title of Soke?

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Actually learning "all the moves" can be a lifetime of training!

All combinations start and end with good basics, putting a bunch of crappyu techniques in a row, now you have a line of crap

Unfortunatly there is a right and a wrong way to do the techniqiues. Sometimes being nice is the way to go but sometimes you gotta emphasisize on the bad things

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
chinto01 said:
I would also be interested in your credentials and what your base art is. Alot of the concepts you speak about are found in Okinawan dojos as far as people feeling good about themselves. Please tell us more as I would also like to know who granted you the title of Soke?

His credentials are posted here on his web site:

http://www.goldendragondojo.com/renshibio.html

http://www.goldendragondojo.com/Certificates.html

I also have several questions.

I'd be interested to hear about the "live in" arrangements at the Black Star Ninjutsu academy. Your parents had no qualms about a thirteen year old living in such circumstances? Was room and board provided? How much did it cost your parents for this service?

I understand you practice(d) "Iron Shirt" chi kung, and you learned this between the ages of six and eight. Do you still practice this, and if so, where and how have you tested your skills? How long did it take you to master? How effective is it, say, against a boxer?

Your web site also says you created your own style, Golden Dragon karate, at the age of seventeen and began teaching. Given that your studies had been a combined four years of tutelage in kung fu, aikido, and ninjutsu--what motivated you to use the term "karate" as a title for your system?

I also am somewhat confused by your statement on another thread, Strating [sic]your own System, That is the Question???????:

That is always a good question. As for Starting your own system. I think several things need to apply.

1 You should have time in the arts. Not just 3-5 years but time... I have been in the arts 37 years...

2 You should hold ranks in all the systems your new art is going to be made out of. So you understand the arts. Our system is made of, Ninjitsu, Shaolin Kung-Fu, Aikido, Kenpo, ect.. and I hold at least a 1st degree Black in all of these and permission to teach them. I also put Jui-Jitsu in our system (I have little experence in it) But my Co-Instructor is a Black Belt of 14 years in the style so it is his knowledge that is added.

I note a contradiction in paragraph one of your statement above. You say 3-5 years in the arts is inadequate prior to starting a system, yet you had four years of formal training prior to starting your own style of Golden Dragon. Clarification?

Paragraph two above suggests you earned black belts in kung fu and ninjustu, yet you failed to mention that on your web site, merely listing your two and one year of training in each respectively. Do you plan on updating that site?

It appears you earned a second dan in Yami Umi Do within a one year period. The web site does not make this clear. Is this in fact the case?

Regards,

Steve

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
I also have questions as to your training and your ranks especially the one that grants you Soke. In reading your website there seems to be gaps in your training. What did you do between the years stated? Did you train with a formal instructor or on your own? Perhaps it was time off? I would also like to know more about the orgaization that granted you Soke. Did the World Combat Martial Artist Assoc. test you and if so when? Who was on the board and what are the requirements? Please enlighten us!

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd be most interested in hearing about the qi gong & other CMA training listed. Especially the wai gong xing training. Those were an unusual grouping & I'm curious to hear how that happened & get the lineage info on it.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
O.K.boys and girls this appears to be the classic case of you pay us a certain amount of dollars and we certify your rank. I call b.s. on this whole system and the founder in general. Anyone second the motion? The following is an interesting read that most of us have probably have seen before. Also check out the following site that verifies his other ranks eaglefederation.com. Nowhere on this gentlemans site does he display his certificates from his original instructors.

Membership into the World Combat Martial Artists Association is open to all reality Combat Martial Arts instructors and practitioners, regardless of style or system, who believe in the practice and instruction of close quarter reality Martial Arts, for military, law enforcement, corporate/executive security and street self defense.
We are a young & growing association with our lifeblood dependant on a thriving membership roster of highly qualified and respected individuals. As our memberships expand, so will the benefits of being a part of the WCMAA. Already our roster contains an impressive list of world renowned Martial Artists from the United States, Indonesia, Sweden, Russia, England, Germany, Canada, Denmark, Romania, Isreal, Pakistan, India, Iran and China, and the list is growing.
*Important Note* The WCMAA does not sell, award or issue rank, nor do we grant Sokeship, Headfounder or Grandmaster titles. We only give recognition to the individuals accomplishments and developements that have been recognised and registered by legitimate and verifiable organisations, associations and federations, and the members alone are responsible for all rank & title claimed.
Membership applications are reviewed bi-yearly.

OP
Akashiro Tamaya

Akashiro Tamaya

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ok Guys ! Lets give Soke Calkin a chance to answer these interesting questions. Lets not denounced him as of yet him.

Mr. Calkin, let it be known that even Funakoshi himself was under scrutiny when he took Karate to Japan, He however was able to prove himself that the goverment ok's him to start a karate curriculom in Japan.

We may all be purist here, for all we know you are truly what you say you are. I also asked of you to avoid giving threat such as " Come down to my dojo and I'll show what I am made of"

We appreciate your sincere effort of showing and introducing inside your art.

BruceCalkins

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Akashiro Tamaya said:
Ok Guys ! Lets give Soke Calkin a chance to answer these interesting questions. Lets not denounced him as of yet him.

Mr. Calkin, let it be known that even Funakoshi himself was under scrutiny when he took Karate to Japan, He however was able to prove himself that the goverment ok's him to start a karate curriculom in Japan.

We may all be purist here, for all we know you are truly what you say you are. I also asked of you to avoid giving threat such as " Come down to my dojo and I'll show what I am made of"

We appreciate your sincere effort of showing and introducing inside your art.
Thank you for all your questions It may take a while but I will try to answer them All. At this time I would like to address a few.
1: I didn't mean to make a threat by saying come on down. I have an open door posicy and feel it is hard to explain some questions. I would welcome a vist from anyone in the area so I can offer the answers with demonstration not just words. and I don't mean fight, but to share ideas and let the person experience what I have to offer first hand.
2: My Iron Shirt training was not from 6-8 years old. I din't begin that training until I was 16 and I have worked with several instructors to improve it. At this time I can absorb a full side kick from a Black Belt rank and have been listed as (Basicly Unchoakable.) I do demonstrations of 2x4s broken with my abdomin and back and 2x2s over the soft bone areas. I have had training with the Shaolin chi wheel which is basicly a 400lbs stone wheel that you run your fingers through up to your elbows I also work with iron palm training.
3: I don't like to compair to JKD because God knows I'm no Bruce Lee. But the idea of taking what I felt worked and using it. Like in Aikido when they make it a Jutsi and hold on the the opponet...Instead of having the Uki hold on.
I have blended and taken from my past training.
4:Basics are taught in our school but we start right away teaching the combinations as well.
5:Martial Means Fighting Not Only Military. You can have a Martial Art that is not Miltary, Just like Aikido is the Soft way not the Marine's Way.. :)
6:You don't have to hit simeone over the head to make them learn I did an article for Martial Arts Professional Magazine that spove of.. "The Louder We Yell The More They Close There Ears." Some times a Kind Wisper can be heard and understood better than a loud voice.
7: As for the Living Arrangements at Black Star Academy.. WOW it was great. It was in Garlin Tx and my Father was playing Ball in Tx at the time. I joined and lived right there with my Mom & Dads full permission. They know of my love for the arts and tryed to help me. Mr. David Frost was the top instructor and he didn't give Black Belts so to speek. You started with a White Sash and there were 7 stages of learning. Several Students only came for 10 weeks or the summer... and even a few that only trained on the weekends. I lived there 24/7 for 1 1/4 years I trained everyday along with the basic chores that we all had. I'm not sure but I believe the cost at that time was $400.00 a month and everything was included. Food, Uniforms Training. With in the time I was there I reached a Black Sash Instructor grade. and for the last month I was there I was assisting the instructors.
8: Whe I started teaching "Golden Dragon Karate was the beginning of thinking about my own style. I was still training with other instructors and many times teaching in their schools but I was doing some side teaching of my own thing and that was just what I called it at the time. I wasn't even offering Rank at that time just training.
9: My ranking in Kung-Fu was Red Sash Instructor. I trained first with Master Lei Tai Soong then I worked with Sifu, George Little and Sifu Allen Tayler, They all honored my past training and kept moving me up. For the last 10 years I have had the honor of training under Sifu/Lama David Moore and I still train with him. In Samada and Lu Ling Sao. Not to mention that he is keeping my Iron Shirt strong and not letting me forgit my past training.
10: Yami-Umi-Do was changed into Tsunami-Ryu and my training was for many more than 1 year I helped the Master Instructor of Yami-Umi-Do build Tsunami-Ryu and it was formalized by the JKA.
11: I know that this is a hard subject but. I recieve Soke from several Sorces. WCMAA, Eagle Foundation Sokeship board. (This Board required..Manuals, Videos of my trining skill and style, a Resume, Letters of recamendation from several of my instructors...) It was a 9 month trial to get it recognized. I also have been recognized by several other sokeship councils. I have NEVER Paid for a rank.. I have never been given a rank I earned all I have and Built the best style I could in My opinion. I don't take anything from any other style or school I feel all Martial Artist are Brothers and should share Ideas and training. I keep hearing about this Ashida Kim.... Until the forums started mentioning him I had only hear of him from his books. I don't know if he is fake or not. But he has brought Ninja Training to a Large Mass with his books. You have to give him credit for that.

I am just so disturbed by the lack of respect and the speed one in here is labled. These ones that Claim that someone in fake dosen't know this person or their style. I built my own system because I hated the Closed Minded Style Spacific Instructors out there. All Martial Arts is valid. and I know there are some fakes and Bad Instructors. But I can offer only my word and heart that I am not one of them. If you can not believe this. I am Sorry. I love the arts and have and Would nover do anything to disrespect it.

I hope these answered some of your questions.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SokeCalkins said:
I recieve Soke from several Sorces. WCMAA, Eagle Foundation Sokeship board. (This Board required..Manuals, Videos of my trining skill and style, a Resume, Letters of recamendation from several of my instructors...)
Was there an in-person demonstration in addition to teh videos?

I keep hearing about this Ashida Kim.... Until the forums started mentioning him I had only hear of him from his books. I don't know if he is fake or not. But he has brought Ninja Training to a Large Mass with his books. You have to give him credit for that.
I disagree with you here.

I am just so disturbed by the lack of respect and the speed one in here is labled.
You may well be a great martial artist, and a great instructor...but you're not a Soke, as a matter of definition, and that's the issue, I'm afraid. It taints your other accomplishments to add an inappropriate "title of nobility" like this.

If you disagree about the meaning of Soke, I understand but cannot concur.

OP
Akashiro Tamaya

Akashiro Tamaya

Green Belt
Reaction score
SokeCalkins said:
Thank you for all your questions It may take a while but I will try to answer them All. At this time I would like to address a few.
1: I didn't mean to make a threat by saying come on down. I have an open door posicy and feel it is hard to explain some questions. I would welcome a vist from anyone in the area so I can offer the answers with demonstration not just words. and I don't mean fight, but to share ideas and let the person experience what I have to offer first hand.

Maybe perhaps a video on the net is in order then , I am sure you have a copy since you submitted one to the Eagle Federation, Otherwise it should not be to hard to find someone with digital camera. We would love to see you in action Soke Calkin !

SokeCalkins said:
2: My Iron Shirt training was not from 6-8 years old. I din't begin that training until I was 16 and I have worked with several instructors to improve it. At this time I can absorb a full side kick from a Black Belt rank and have been listed as (Basicly Unchoakable.) I do demonstrations of 2x4s broken with my abdomin and back and 2x2s over the soft bone areas. I have had training with the Shaolin chi wheel which is basicly a 400lbs stone wheel that you run your fingers through up to your elbows I also work with iron palm training.

So basically we can safely assumed that you are well versed in the Chinese martial arts system ?

SokeCalkins said:
3: I don't like to compair to JKD because God knows I'm no Bruce Lee. But the idea of taking what I felt worked and using it. Like in Aikido when they make it a Jutsi and hold on the the opponet...Instead of having the Uki hold on. I have blended and taken from my past training.

I am not quite sure what jutsi means and Uki I assume you mean Uke.

SokeCalkins said:
4:Basics are taught in our school but we start right away teaching the combinations as well.

So a white belt comes in your class for the first day, he/she is expected to perform Oi Jodan Zuki, Gyaku Zuki, mawashi geri and Gyaku zuki at the start? Don't you think that this is a sloppy way of training Mr. Calkin ? Understand one thing that bad technique are the hardest to fix when student continues to train in a sloppy manner, then again you should know that as you do have 37 years of training experience under your belt.

SokeCalkins said:
:Martial Means Fighting Not Only Military. You can have a Martial Art that is not Miltary, Just like Aikido is the Soft way not the Marine's Way.. :)

Here you might be wrong on this interpretation Martial means MILITARY as in relating to the armed forces; "martial law" Fighting can be described as a confrontation between opposing groups in which each attempts to harm or gain power over the other, as with bodily force or weapons.

Aikido is hardly a soft art Mr. Calkin, It can be physically demanding as karate. Think of Ukemi and god knows I hate being an Uke in Shihonage waza. I am curious as to how it took you a year to get a black belt in Aikido when I have trained in the traiditional art for 6 years and still shoshinsha level.

SokeCalkins said:
6:You don't have to hit simeone over the head to make them learn I did an article for Martial Arts Professional Magazine that spove of.. "The Louder We Yell The More They Close There Ears." Some times a Kind Wisper can be heard and understood better than a loud voice.

How can someone such as yourself gained entry as a writer for Martial Arts magazine when a majority of your informations posted in various threads are horribly inaccurate. A good example you thought that Bruce Lee was a golden glove fighter ? And Kabuki was a chinese theater ?

Mr Calkin, english is hardly my primary language, but I am doing everything I can to make sure the spelling and grammar are correct.

SokeCalkins said:
8: Whe I started teaching "Golden Dragon Karate was the beginning of thinking about my own style. I was still training with other instructors and many times teaching in their schools but I was doing some side teaching of my own thing and that was just what I called it at the time. I wasn't even offering Rank at that time just training.

I am not quite sure what you meant by the above statement, from what I read it seems that you were conspiring to create by using your instructors style into yours. Am I right ?

SokeCalkins said:
9: My ranking in Kung-Fu was Red Sash Instructor. I trained first with Master Lei Tai Soong then I worked with Sifu, George Little and Sifu Allen Tayler, They all honored my past training and kept moving me up. For the last 10 years I have had the honor of training under Sifu/Lama David Moore and I still train with him. In Samada and Lu Ling Sao. Not to mention that he is keeping my Iron Shirt strong and not letting me forgit my past training.

I am not familiar with the Chinese martial arts system. maybe others can inquire about this part.

SokeCalkins said:
10: Yami-Umi-Do was changed into Tsunami-Ryu and my training was for many more than 1 year I helped the Master Instructor of Yami-Umi-Do build Tsunami-Ryu and it was formalized by the JKA.

I have never heard of Yami-Umi-Do ? What is this style can you tell us more and Tsunami ryu is "formalized" by JKA ? I am assuming you mean to state that Tsunami Ryu is affiliated by Japan Karate Association (JKA) ?

SokeCalkins said:
11: I know that this is a hard subject but. I recieve Soke from several Sorces. WCMAA, Eagle Foundation Sokeship board. (This Board required..Manuals, Videos of my trining skill and style, a Resume, Letters of recamendation from several of my instructors...) It was a 9 month trial to get it recognized. I also have been recognized by several other sokeship councils.

Otsuka, Nagamine , Funakoshi, Mabuni, Ueshiba, are just few examples of masters who never used the title Soke. Are you saying that you have far better achievement in the art than these great men ?

Eagle Federation, What governing power gave them the authority to bestow titles. I see in their site that you can be a knight as well ? Have you heard of the Butokukai Mr Calkin ?

Well, its was created under the authority of the Ministry of Education and the endorsement of Emperor to solidify, promote, and standardize all martial disciplines and systems. It was the first official martial arts institution of Japan sanctioned by the authority of the national government.

SokeCalkins said:
I have NEVER Paid for a rank.. I have never been given a rank I earned all I have and Built the best style I could in My opinion. I don't take anything from any other style or school I feel all Martial Artist are Brothers and should share Ideas and training.

So you're saying that these federation gave you the certificates recognizing you as a 10th dan grandmaster / Soke all for free ?

SokeCalkins said:
I keep hearing about this Ashida Kim.... Until the forums started mentioning him I had only hear of him from his books. I don't know if he is fake or not. But he has brought Ninja Training to a Large Mass with his books. You have to give him credit for that.

Sure Mr. Calkin, Give Ashida Kim all the credits for selling the most misinformed , false and bad training tips. Did you buy one of his books Mr. Calkin ?

SokeCalkins said:
I am just so disturbed by the lack of respect and the speed one in here is labled. These ones that Claim that someone in fake dosen't know this person or their style. I built my own system because I hated the Closed Minded Style Spacific Instructors out there.

Mr. Calkin, you are pointing your finger to people whom you felt did not give you the respect you deserved. Do you know what where the rest of your fingers are pointing at Mr. Calkin ? Yup directly back at you !

You named your style Fusho-Satori-Ryu which is Japanese, You hold a title which is japanese. Your organization gives out title in japanese which they apparently do not have linked to Japan or Okinawa. You are desecrating a culture and its arts in which you have no apparent link to Mr. Calkin. In Japan Imitation is not a form of flatery, it is a form of dishonesty. You are fooling the american public in thinking that your system has linked to Koryo Budo.

You build your own system because your instructors are close minded, then why not chose another who isn't ?

SokeCalkins said:
All Martial Arts is valid. and I know there are some fakes and Bad Instructors. But I can offer only my word and heart that I am not one of them. If you can not believe this. I am Sorry. I love the arts and have and Would nover do anything to disrespect it.

Not all martial arts are valid, since Martial arts is unregulated by the goverment, there are far more fakes and bad instructors out there than you can imagine.

SokeCalkins said:
I hope these answered some of your questions.

Well, not quite Mr. Calkin, As your response created more questions. :)

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SokeCalkins said:

Mr Calkins,

I understand you are not very knowledgable about martial arts in general and true ninjutsu in particular. But the statement that Ashida Kim brought ninjutsu to anyone is false.

Kim and his ilk of glory seeking frauds have probably forever poisoned the data base with their false view of ninjutsu and what it is and was. It is not only that he gave himself rank and created a lineage out of thin air (despicable in itself and people that cannot show proof of the teachers they claim are unforgivable)- but rather that he wrote so much that was so wrong but accepted by so many people.

Speaking of which- I see that you claim to have trained under Black Star ninjitsu. Based on your writings here, I can see that you know less than a student of six months in my dojo and so I have my doubts about the integrity of your instructor. You have my sympathy for spending so much time under a person who taught you what you wrote about ninjutsu on martialtalk- which was totally wrong. I have an interest in the various frauds claiming to teach ninjutsu and hold out the hope of actually finding a legitimate teacher outside of the school I train in here in Japan. Because the student is a mirror of his teacher- and I have seen wha tyou have written, I fear that this is definately not a case of a school that can actually be traced to Japan. If you could give us some information about running down your old instructor or anything else that could help I would appreciate it.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well I would like to begin by thanking Mr.Calkins for his response. Most people would not even have replied so once again I thank you. My concern with this is that here is another style with a founder that has no real roots in one specific art. He has trained a little here and a little there but has never gone above the rank of nidan in any system. Then he breaks off and begins his own system upon which he is then granted 10th dan and then Soke. I would like to know what your philosophy for training is? What do you hope to achieve? What are the forms in your system and what is your lineage? How do you explain your style to your students? My frustration lies in the fact that your "title" is granted by an American Council that you never had to stand before. You sent in video tapes and references and nothing more and you did pay for your rank sir when you got your certificates. They had your cash in their hands did you really expect them to say no to you? I am curious to know how you went from nidan to 10th dan as for most people it takes a lifetime and some never achieve it. The problem with the american martial arts is that there is a Sensei on every corner and most do not truley understand what the word means. Now we have people starting their own systems and then trying to legitimize them by having organizations grant them the title of Soke. This is what leads to B.S. martial arts. If this pattern keeps up the true martial arts will be extinct. Okinawan and Japanese arts will soon be replaced by these hybrid arts and the tradition will be gone. As one who deeply loves the Okinawan arts I never want to see this happen. In closing I urge you to be careful "Soke" you have a great responsibility on your hands. Training people to punch and kick is one thing. Teaching them to have compassion, character, and morals is something totally different. The martial artist without any of the previously mentioned qualities is nothing more than a street fighter.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes I've seen these tricks in the past and i don't believe-again this is my own belief-that these tricks do not belong in conversation with serious, knowlegable martial artists

3: I don't like to compair to JKD because God knows I'm no Bruce Lee. But the idea of taking what I felt worked and using it. Like in Aikido when they make it a Jutsi and hold on the the opponet...Instead of having the Uki hold on.
Boy I have no idea what you are trying to say, but if what you are trying to get at is that Jujitsu is a hard form of Aikido. You are a little of in your history and practice of both these arts

Basics are the foundation, rushing thru these stage will lead to problems

5:Martial Means Fighting Not Only Military. You can have a Martial Art that is not Miltary, Just like Aikido is the Soft way not the Marine's Way.. :)
I think the point has been made about the softness of Aikido training allready

Yea, I know I always talk at the top of my lungs, maybe i should'nt?

Yea, I looked at David Moore website-I suggest that everyone should and form your own opinion

I am just so disturbed by the lack of respect and the speed one in here is labled. These ones that Claim that someone in fake dosen't know this person or their style. I built my own system because I hated the Closed Minded Style Spacific Instructors out there. All Martial Arts is valid. and I know there are some fakes and Bad Instructors. But I can offer only my word and heart that I am not one of them. If you can not believe this. I am Sorry. I love the arts and have and Would nover do anything to disrespect it.
When you firste posted it semed overly contrived and egotistic, the whole "call me Maestro thing"
I hope these answered some of your questions.[/QUOTE]