Fu Jow Pai

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations Samson818. I believe you will understand better if you go to where I have sent you. What you are asking I can't and will not give you. That is why we have so many charlatans out there. I am really limited to the information I can give you. For you to know this information you need to be part of the federation. The Fu Jow Pai has been kept a secret for reasons. I will share this with you, training in Fu Jow Pai ( Hark Fu Mon ) (Black Tiger) is quite rigorous, requiring great mental and physical discipline.

[quote=samson818;664394]Thank you very much Blacktiger.
It's sad to see so much politics with any system.
Let's not promote hearsay and keep on learning more about this system.

Are there special methods to train the tiger claw in FuJowPai?
Fingertip pushups, jar grab....?

I'm really interested in understanding the main differences between Hung Gar and FuJow since most Wong Moon Toy studied both systems.

Thanks for any info.[/quote]

samson818

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello Blacktiger,

I understand you may have made promises to keep things about the system within the Pai and I can respect that. I also understand the problem of paper tigers...

But, with all due respect, what then can we ask?
I am not interested in politics or stories, just wanted to find out a little more about what I hear to be a great system.

Thank you for your responses and good luck in promoting FuJowPai.

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I really don't have a problem with answering questions. I remember when I first started learning we were not allowed to ask questions unless they pertained to the techniques or form one was currently practicing. The Chinese and Japanese believe we (and I mean non-Asian) could never learn the Arts. In our system you can not be promoted to a black belt equivalent under five years of practice. We do not go by colors of sashes or belts. Colors started as a way to capitalize on an art, a way to gain royalties. Our system is still very traditional and we do not deviate nor do we water it down to get new students. We would rather our students are safe and able to depend on their skills.

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
Our system is still very traditional and we do not deviate nor do we water it down to get new students. We would rather our students are safe and able to depend on their skills.[/quote]
Indeed, that's the way that it should be, sir...

Changhfy

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey Black Tiger,

Its great to meet you!

Ive always had an interest in the Fu Jow Pai since I was little.

So its great seeing a experienced practitioner and Sifu at MT.

If you dont mind.

I have a question how do you train both Nei Gong and Wai Gong in the Fu Jow Pai?

thanks in advance.

take care,
Chang

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations Cheng. If you can understand this than you already know. You have to be strong like a man and soft like a woman.

Changhfy

Green Belt
Reaction score
xie xie ni laoshi,

Thanks alot!

Ill definitely take into consideration what you have mentioned, it makes since.

thanks again.

take care,
Chang

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations Chang. I have a question for you are you Chinese?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
ke neng zhongwen keshi ta shou yidian putonghua

forgive me, I couldn't resist and I may have messed that up so if I did again, please forgive this meiguoren.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hello Blacktiger,

I understand you may have made promises to keep things about the system within the Pai and I can respect that. I also understand the problem of paper tigers...

I am not interested in politics or stories, just wanted to find out a little more about what I hear to be a great system.

samson, get sifu tak's book "entering the fu jow pai." it's great to understand fu jow pai better.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hello Blacktiger,

samson, get sifu tak's book "entering the fu jow pai." it's great to understand fu jow pai better.

Changhfy

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey,

Black Tiger,

Im half Chinese.

take care,
Chang

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Gufbal I happen to be Sifu Tak's Kung Fu Brother, I have been around just as long as he has and I know he teaches in Cali as well as in New York City. And he is Russell Wong's Sifu.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Gufbal I happen to be Sifu Tak's Kung Fu Brother, I have been around just as long as he has and I know he teaches in Cali as well as in New York City. And he is Russell Wong's Sifu.

BlackTiger, I never questioned how long you've been around nor did I question that you know Sifu Tak. I was just giving a suggestion on a book for Samson to read...that's all I was doing. I'm not trying to cause any problems. I have the book and I think it's a good book and just thought he would like to read it. I am sorry if I came off as if I was trying to cause problems. I mean no harm. I just love kung fu. that's all.

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
BlackTiger, I never questioned how long you've been around nor did I question that you know Sifu Tak. I was just giving a suggestion on a book for Samson to read...that's all I was doing. I'm not trying to cause any problems. I have the book and I think it's a good book and just thought he would like to read it. I am sorry if I came off as if I was trying to cause problems. I mean no harm. I just love kung fu. that's all.
Greetings and salutations Gufbal1982, I was just replying to you email. Remember the one you send me asking me who I was? Because your Sifu who happen to be Tak's Student asked you to fine out who I was. I have no problem you making a suggestion about Tak's book I think it's a good book too. The problem is you need to know something about Fu Jow Pai to understand the writings in the book. Now you may think, I was being ahole but you have to remember it was a reply to your email.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Oh. Well, silly guy...just answer me in an e-mail. My instructor used to be with Sifu Tak when he was still with Wai Hong and he thinks he might know you...

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Oh. Well, silly guy...just answer me in an e-mail. My instructor used to be with Sifu Tak when he was still with Wai Hong and he thinks he might know you...
Yes your Sifu does know me, that if he is Joseppe. Who opened a kwoon in San Diago, Cali.

samson818

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Gufbal,

I actually have his book Enter the Tiger.
I also have a couple of the old Fu Jow Pai videos with Sigung Wai Hong and Sifu Tak Wah Eng.
Interesting stuff...

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations Gufbal1981. When are you on line so we chat?

Latest Discussions