Free Glucose Meters

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey everyone (in the US),
There are two coupons in today's Sunday newspaper nationwide for $30 off of a One Touch Ultrasmart and the One Touch Ultra 2.
CVS, Walgreens, and Eckerds are all running those two models for $30 this week, which would make them free. I just drove up and got one of each.
The Ultrasmart retails at CVS for $89, but they had marked it down to $30, then my coupon cancelled that. The other runs for around $45 (I believe), but the coupon would make it fee as well.

I have been a diabetic since I was ten and use the One Touch Ultra 1. It is good and accurate, but without insurance, the test strips are a killer (50 for $50). If any of you need one, but don't have a copay on strips, Wal-Mart has a Relion brand model for $8.88, with its strips being $21 for 50, and it is very accurate and has memory and even a "night light."

CVS also has a very good "store brand" meter, with its strips running the same price as the Wal-Mart one.

AoG

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
------------------
Mod. Note:

Thread moved from Urusai to Health sections as it is more appropriate to the Health section and should generate more traffic there.

Jonathan Randall
MT Moderator

scottcatchot

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the info,

I just got out of the Hospital a couple of days ago. I discovered I was a Diabetic the hard way.

OP
ArmorOfGod

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have been an insulin dependent diabetic since I was ten years old (I am 31 now) and take 3 shots a day. Feel free to message me if you have any questions or just want to shoot the bull about anything.

AoG

Latest Discussions