found this place.....

OP
D

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
will do :)

just wnted some feedback before i walk into yet another place claiming to be summat that they're not --- certainly seems more legit with the whole certified trainers and stuff..........

donna

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

just wnted some feedback before i walk into yet another place claiming to be summat that they're not --- certainly seems more legit with the whole certified trainers and stuff..........

donna

Sadly, I think Suke is closest to you to check this place out. (I would be someplace in the South of you ;) If I wasn't where I am now)

I didn't check the certificates out, but it really depends on who filled them out. Even *I* can whip up some good looking ones in no time flat, not meaning a thing of course, in the grand scheme of things.
I know, not helpful. :)

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see any red flags on a quick run through. I imagine you're primarily interested in the Muay Thai and Dave Jackson seems to be a respected coach in the area.

OP
D

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
yup it's muay thai all the way for me :)

that was my feeling about mr jackson too --- seems like a decent guy that teaches to a high standard :)

am going to pop my head round the door and see what the craic is later this morning :)

and 5 minutes of a walk sure as heck beats the half hour it's taking at the moment ;)

donna

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi Donna

Cheshire Martial Arts is upstairs from O'Malleys Gym in Warrington. I have friends that do Wing Chun there, and have known people who practiced Muay Thai there. The centre overall has a good reputation, as does Mr Jackson. I've not trained with him, but I have trained at the centre, and they have great facilities, matting, bags etc. Worth investigating. It's not so easy to park around there, it's not immediately obvious but there is a back street behind the buildings where you can leave your car. Word to the wise though - don't leave anything valuable on show, it's ripe for car break-ins round that bit of Warrington.

Gnarlie

OP
D

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
got no need for a parking space cos my crash pad is literally 5 minutes away (orford park) so no worries there :) i went and spoke to the coaches this morning a really liked the set up and the way he said that they did things am quite excited at the prospect of training there :) one other point i told him about wolf gym and he said that they're just money grabbing cowboys and in his second breath he said that there are no belts in muay thai !!!!! thinking that wolf gym needs a wake up call donna

OP
D

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
got no need for a parking space cos my crash pad is literally 5 minutes away (orford park) so no worries there :) i went and spoke to the coaches this morning a really liked the set up and the way he said that they did things am quite excited at the prospect of training there :) one other point i told him about wolf gym and he said that they're just money grabbing cowboys and in his second breath he said that there are no belts in muay thai !!!!! thinking that wolf gym needs a wake up call donna

CMAC

White Belt
Reaction score
i found this place - i didn't realise that they'd re-opened it again :)

The North Wests Premier Martial Arts Centre

anybody want to give me any thoughts as to what you make of it since the place that i'm using at the moment isn't all it's cracked up to be and this place is closer to my house too :)

donna
We have never been closed since 1986 :)

CMAC

White Belt
Reaction score
Dave is not in on Sat mornings :)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

donna
I was going to say, watch out, it looks TKD based, but then again you are Donna TKD. :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is nice looking setup you have there. Quite a mix of different MA. Just a shame for me that yourselves and others are up North.

As far as I know Sol Gilbert still has his ZT Fight School in Brighton is you want to have a look at that.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I know Sol Gilbert still has his ZT Fight School in Brighton is you want to have a look at that.

Well, you are out of touch on that one mate. Sol decided to go private and closed ZT. He now teaches out of "The Underground Gym" in Portslade. Only private one on one and group sessions. In fact, I believe it mainly groups that sign up for a set term. I could be wrong about that one though.

Originally, that is where I got my first proper introduction to Muay Thai. Kenny (Kenshiro) was the instructor. This guy is **** hot, and has a decent biog. He now has is own School at Stables (this is a boxing gym out of Whitehawk in Brighton, the ABC is out in hove underneath the King Alfred Centre. Yes I have been to both). Due at Stables on Tuesday. Hopefully he won't recognise me, I failed the first time after about four months I think. Still I have my mate Scott coming with me. Mended our pontoon bridge, so I am going offer him my support in line with our friendship. Plus he understands that if he gives me the opportunity to give him a dig, he completely understands that I will do so again :D

Latest Discussions