fooling around with jujutsu techniques

jujutsu_indonesia

Black Belt
Reaction score
dear friends, I am thinking of finally taking my 2nd and 1st kyu test sometime later in life, after postponing those tests so many times. Here are some clips of myself doing jujutsu. what do you think? am I looking competent enough to take the test? thank you for your comments!

www.geocities.com/gbi_club/denny_action.zip

right click and save as to save to your hard disk and view with windows media player.

(if the clips doesnt work and a message of "data exceeded" or something, just wait 10 minutes and try agian. thanx!)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
go ahead take the test.
I am not of that disipline but think you will do ok

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SAVAGE said:
Looks alot like HKD!

It would considering jujutsu was the parent art to hapkido...

Hard to tell from two short clips, are you practicing on tile floor? Talk about ukemi being important...

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
bignick said:

Hard to tell from two short clips, are you practicing on tile floor? Talk about ukemi being important...

I would beg to differ...Daito Ryu is the parent art of HKD....and also of Jujitsu I suppose...Jujitsu, Aikido and Hapkido are like brother arts!

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
SAVAGE said:
I would beg to differ...Daito Ryu is the parent art of HKD....and also of Jujitsu I suppose...Jujitsu, Aikido and Hapkido are like brother arts!

Daito Ryu Aiki Jujutsu. :asian:

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
rutherford said:
Daito Ryu Aiki Jujutsu. :asian:

There is a difference between Daito Ryu and the Jujitsu that is practiced today!

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have found when doing the cross body arm lock. It is harder to escape if the feet are planted on the ground, tight to your opponent and knees tight also. It is easier to escape if you cross the feet. Something you may think about next time working that technique.

OP
J

jujutsu_indonesia

Black Belt
Reaction score
bignick said:

Yes sir, it's concrete floor, actually the motorcycle parking lot. The university cannot afford mats so we practice at the parking lot. But the test (thanks God) will be done in a Judo dojo, we rent it for two hours. And yes, Ukemi is very important :)

OP
J

jujutsu_indonesia

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kempojujutsu said:
I have found when doing the cross body arm lock. It is harder to escape if the feet are planted on the ground, tight to your opponent and knees tight also. It is easier to escape if you cross the feet. Something you may think about next time working that technique.

Thank you sir, I will make a clip of myself doing just that and get back to you.

OP
J

jujutsu_indonesia

Black Belt
Reaction score
kamishinkan said:
I thought your technique looked very good. Good luck on your test!

Darrell Collins
Kamishinkan Dojo

Thank you very much for the kind words! tachi rei! :asian:

OP
J

jujutsu_indonesia

Black Belt
Reaction score
tshadowchaser said:
go ahead take the test.
I am not of that disipline but think you will do ok

Thank you sir, yes I will take the 2nd Kyu test soon, then the 1st before the end of this year.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like juji gatame, if I'm on their right side, with me left leg over their head and my right bent and my foot pushed up agains the side of their body,

Latest Discussions