Focus Mitt Search

Indie12

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok, I've been trying to locate and find "old school" focus mitts or hand mitts. By old school I guess you can say I mean focus mitts used in the early 90's, 80's or 70's. The type I'm looking for are round leather made, gray or brown focus mitts or hand mitts. (Sorry I'm not sure how else to describe this).

Does anyone know where I might be able to find focus mitts that matches this description or any stores that I should contact?

OP
I

Indie12

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thank You!! I'm more looking for "antique" type focus mitts. The old style mitts used around the 1970's, 1980's, or early 1990's. Everything Ringside or Century has is not quite what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for old school leather round focus mitts.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank You!! I'm more looking for "antique" type focus mitts. The old style mitts used around the 1970's, 1980's, or early 1990's. Everything Ringside or Century has is not quite what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for old school leather round focus mitts.

Just curious -- why the push for such a specific design. I thought I saw some very similar, flat round focus mitts on Ringside's site, like THESE for example.

evapm 1_m.jpg

RobinTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
are you looking for ones like the ones from the 70's/80's, or actual pads from then, as in antique pads?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably going to have to hunt eBay or Craigslist and yard sales and flea markets then.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

OP
I

Indie12

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, they are antique focus mitts, there much thicker than the ones you have posted (i'd say by at least 2") I've personally found that the older equipment is somewhat better and lasts longer then the new equpment (that's just my opinion).

Yeah, I'm still searching around. Figured I'd ask on here, maybe I'd strike luck?

Thanks Though!