FMAT: So what is with all the ginunting rattling around here lately?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
So what is with all the ginunting rattling around here lately?
By Brian R. VanCise - Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:34:33 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

So lately I have not been on this board as much but when I do check it out there appears to be a lot of saber rattling going on. Some of it revolves around the name of Kali, Arnis or Escrima and some of it revolves around the blade and a disdain or lack of respect for the stick. Some of it revolves around national heritage, etc. Personally through the years I have found that this type of lack of respect to be generally based off someones inferiority complex. Is this the case here? Truth of the matter I do not believe it is but understand that it can and often is viewed that way. National pride, art pride, etc. is good but it can interfer with the learning process (no matter your age or skill) and eventually close off open mindedness which is very important for any practitioiner. Just my 02. on the matter here lately.

I have encountered greatness in almost every FMA art and also the opposite as well. Tournament success or who you teach is no indication on how well you will do in the moment. Good luck!

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions