FMAT: Self-Defense TV.

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Self-Defense TV.
By arnisador - Mon, 02 Oct 2006 02:36:58 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

I just watched a show on The Outdoor Channel listed as Self-Defense TV (but which referred to itself as Personal Defense TV) that focuses on the use of a pistol for self-defense. (It plays as something of an NRA infomercial.) It appears to be a limited-run series. However, it also appears, from the opening sequence, that in future episodes it will include some use of knife and stick (as in this image of the host using a flashlight), as well as empty-hand methods and larger firearms.

A special pistol for anti-carjacking scenarios, Taurus&#8217;s &#8220;The Judge&#8221; .45 Colt/.410 revolver, is presented as a sort-of pistol/shotgun hybrid.

Massad Ayoob is featured; apparently, he is to be a regular. In the first episode he discusses safety at ATMs. The host, Tom Gresham, posts about the show here.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not much of a gun person, but I did find this interesting. Of course, the language was very carefully chosen, and they didn't go into much depth on anything, but I am curious to see the next episode.

Latest Discussions