FMAT: Knee-to-Thigh Strike.

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Knee-to-Thigh Strike.
By arnisador - Fri, 24 Nov 2006 04:50:57 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Where I study JKD, the headbutts-knees-elbows (HKE) approach is strongly emphasized, and of course a knee to the outside of the thigh is a common technique. In that regard, I found this story from the next county over to be interesting:

Quote:
A Clay County sheriff’s deputy suffered an incapacitating foot injury Sunday afternoon in Carbon during an arrest that followed several 911 calls.

[...]

Frazier “did a defensive tactic [against Gilleland], a knee strike to the thigh, where if you hit the nerve ending it kind of stuns a person,” Heaton said. Then he did another to “try to gain control of this guy.”

When Frazier tried a third knee strike, Gilleland “twisted wrong and put [the deputy] in a bad position.”

Frazier tore his Achilles tendon. He required surgery in Terre Haute Regional Hospital and will be in a cast for six weeks, Heaton said. Frazier is on medical leave.
Good news, bad news...they're teaching this technique to LEOs so I assume they feel there's evidence that's it's effective; yet, this person--who, the story hints, may have been under the influence of some sort of substance--withstood two such (attempted) strikes, and a third attempt resulted in significant injury to the deputy.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions