FMAT: How Was PTK Selected to Teach the Police and RP Spec. Forces?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
How Was PTK Selected to Teach the Police and RP Spec. Forces?
By khd29 - Sat, 17 Mar 2007 20:12:44 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

I am new to FMA so please bear with me. I saw a BBC news clip about PTK and how it was the system used to train the police and military unit of the Philippines. I always thought, Arnis/Escrima/Kali or whatever you want to call it, are all the same. Just like how judo is judo wherever you go around the world. However, some forums swear by the differences in FMA and claim "legitimate street art". I don't believe in that nonsense because the art is only as good as the practitioner. RexKnowDo can be be the baddest art but Napoleon Dynamite will not make it work, right? A bit of a stretch but you get my point.

How was this system selected over other organizations? I thought after what the late GM Remy Presas did for the art, his organization would be the selected system, just like what Jigoro Kano did for judo. Also, IIRC, there are other bigger organizations but PTK was selected by the government. This is the only other organization I heard of beside Doce Pares. I only heard about Sayoc and Atienza recently, but I believe they are US based. Lots of them here in NYC.

If my history is inaccurate, please correct me. There are so many organizations and styles but are there any real clear cut differences?

Thanks,
Rookie

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed