Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Guro Lowell Pueblos
By Guro Dave Gould - Sun, 15 Jun 2008 23:21:26 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Hi guys,

I wanted to introduce you all to someone who I feel is a very noteworthy Lameco Eskrima practitioner who was an absolute integral part of the "BackYard" group on Goodwin st. in East Los Angeles. Although he may keep silent and has maintained an extremely low profile over the years I feel that he is due recognition for his contributions to the success and propagation of Lameco Eskrima world wide.

Guro Lowell Pueblos to my mind represents the all around quintessential Lameco Eskrima practioner among us all. He was training with Punong Guro Sulite and the contributing Masters long before the inception of Lameco Eskrima in 1981. Furthermore Guro Lowell Pueblos has the distinction of being the only one among us first generation guys which made up the "BackYard" group that has trained indepth with all of the major influences of Lameco Eskrima. Something that many of us envy to be sure...

Guro Lowell Pueblos is the nephew of Tuhon Leo Tortal Gaje Jr. of Kali Pekiti-Tirsia which is from whom he got his base training in the Indigenous Pilipino Warrior Arts. In addition Guro Lowell Pueblos has trained with Manong Jose D. Caballero of De Campo Uno-Dos-Tres Orehenal, GM Abella & GM Cabahug of Modernos Largos, GM Helacrio Sulite Sr. of Sulite Rapelon, and GM Antonio "Tatang" Illustrisimo of Kalis Illustrisimo. So in essence he helped mix the mortar with which to lay the building blocks of Lameco Eskrima, he was present for the breaking ground ceremony of Lameco Eskrima and he has witnessed all phases of construction concerning Lameco Eskrima from the point of inception to point of completion during the untimely death of Punong Guro Edgar G. Sulite in 1997.

Guro Lowell Pueblos trained faithfully under the tutelage of Punong Guro Sulite throughout the early years of Lameco Eskrima and trained in the Philippines consistently with Punong Guro Sulite in all aspects of this newly found discipline until Edgars departure from the Philippines to America in 1989. Back then Lameco Eskrima was primarily the act of "sparring" or "fighting" out the concepts, principles and techniques of the Lameco Eskrima that we recognize today. Guro Lowell Pueblos was here in the United States when PG Edgar Sulite came here in 1989 and he witnessed the complete evolution of Lameco Eskrima from beginning to end.

There are three generations of Lameco Eskrima; 1975 to 1981 (Pre-Lameco Eskrima years in Mindanao and Visayas) 1981-1989 (Early Lameco Eskrima years in Manila) and 1989-1997 (The evolution and maturity of Lameco Eskrima in Los Angeles). Guro Lowell Pueblos was present and played a critical part in all three eras of Lameco Eskrima, which is something that none of the rest of us can lay claim to.

If the name sounds somewhat familiar to those even remotely familiar with Lameco Eskrima, yes he is the brother of one of Lameco Eskrimas greatest proteges; Benjamin "Jun" Pueblos who has achieved great accomplishments in his own right for the propagaion of Lameco Eskrima around the world. Guro Lowell Pueblos stands head and shoulders above many in his skill and combative ability and can not be accused of living in anyones shadow. He has my deepest respect and appreciation for all that he has contributed and sacrificed allowing the rest of us to partake in and experience this great system first hand.

I always found Guro Lowell Pueblos to be friendly, accomodating and always more than willing to share his insights and first hand experience about a topic that he knows much about, moreso than any of the rest of us, that being the complete history of Lameco Eskrima and the many contributions and sacrifices made by Punong Guro Edgar G. Sulite concerning his legacy made available to all who choose to seek it out the world over.

Go well guys, ciao.

Guro Dave Gould.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions