FMAT: Fighting Combinations

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Fighting Combinations
By NJMMADude - 01-18-2011 01:59 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

I am starting to do more stick sparring for attribute development, etc. and currently we are working on padded sticks, no head, but the whole body is the target. We will evolve to full body. What are some common combinations that you use and are high percentage? Since I am throwing this out I'll start with a few of my common ones. I do a lot of attack by drawing, borrowing a JKD term although I am not a practitioner. One common attack is an angle one (downward diagonal FH) that I stifle when he goes to counter in largo, then drop it onto his arm when he swings to intercept. Another: BH to the hand, get him to shift weight back and FH to leg. Another: fake angle one and drop a backhand redondo atop the arm when he goes to counter my hand. Sorry if these are really common but I didn't want to ask for an exchange without putting into the pot! Thanks for any help you can give, I'd like to really get into the sparring in greater depth.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Chris Manley

White Belt
Reaction score
I like to use a #1 strike towards his right temple, he uses a standard vertical block, You abiniko around his block and hit him in his left temple and go from there.
or
same as above but instead of an abiniko to his head, abiniko around his stick, hook it with your punyo, and strike with your left hand.

Chris

Latest Discussions