Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Last edited by a moderator:

wingchunguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey Master Wong,

I'm the mightymeatmonsta. You may have heard about me on You Tube. I do TRADITIONAL wing chun kung fu. I just wanted to comment on some of your TV shows. You gave some incomplete answers and I think I might be able to help. I believe someone asked you why you use a vertical fist as opposed to horizontal. Well, I'm surprised you didn't know the answer to that. Next time someone asks you that question, tell them the reason is the vertical fist lines up the three sticks (the arm, forearm and fist), which allows you to keep your elbows in and this allows the energy to flow down your arm to your opponent. If you were to use a horizontal fist, then some of the energy would be lost as it travels down the arm (Much like when electricity is transferred through a wire. Some of the energy is lost in the form of heat). This is why boxers have to totally rotate their bodies to produce power and have to use a 3 to 4 foot swing. This is why we only need one foot or less to generate enormous amounts of power. We use body alignment, forward momentum, body rotation and an angled step to generate this power. And YES, it does matter which way you throw the punch. You have to stick to the ten concepts which dictates that you have to have the elbow BEHIND the fist whenever you punch or do a technique, otherwise IT IS NOT WING CHUN!