Florida Girl Found Dead By Sex Offender

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/25/florida.girl/

The suspected sex offender confessed recreantly that he killed the girl, after lying for a few days.

I really hope this man dies. SUFFERS AND DIES! Sorry if that sounds harsh or offensive to anyone, but death is what all criminals should get. However today the justice system has gotten so soft, it is no wonder the US has one of the most numbers of prisoners in jail in the world.

In my opinion, the reason why such cold-hearted killings happen so often is because the penalty they receive. If we look back in the 50s, we will all notice the crime rate was much lower than it was today.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/020712.html

"You grew up in the 40s, 50s, and early 60s. Different story. People who were children then recall a much more peaceful time than now, and it was. The violent crime rate in 1960 was under 200 per 100,000, less than 40 percent what it is today."

As the article said, there were many factors that contributed on why the crime rate was so much lower then than it is now. I however think the main chief reason is because back then those criminals received the death penalty nearly 99% of the time. Now a days a criminals or sex offenders know that if they kill the least punishment they will get is 20 years in prison and many cases at the most life in prison. Oh yea, that is really a good punishment for a cold hearted killer:rolleyes:. I mean it is at least a little different if the killing comes out of anger. Most of the killings today are pre-mediated murders. These SOBs in my opinion need be killed, that is the only punishment for cold-hearted deaths, unless there is more cruel way to punish them for the 10 times more cruel way they killed their victim.

Oh and don't give me the cruel and unusual punishment crap. What about the cruel and unusual death these criminals gave to their victims?

Do you think this man should get DEATH?

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
NAAAWWW!
Don't give him the death penalty.
He should get life...in a regular old run of the mill maximum security prison and they should put him in general population.
THEN...Bubba and his 39 siblings can let him know what that little girl was feeling right up to the very end. 20 or 30 times over til............
icon8.gif

K

Kempogeek

I completely agree with you Kane. Im a strong supporter of capital punishment. I do respect the views of opponents of capital punishment but don't give me that crap of "playing God" when executing a murderer that's been proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. That's my major sticking point. Granted it won't bring the girl back but seems only fair that he should give up his life for taking a life. This girl won't have a childhood, going to her school prom, possibly college, maybe marriage and a bright future. No thanks to this sorry ****** ******! I would have this ******* in solitary confindment 24/7 with only bread and water to live on with a beating every now and then before straping him to the chair. Lethal injection is just too easy. Let him feel the pain that this girl must have felt. See you in hell you *******!!......Steve

Please review Profanity Filter Policy here - Kaith

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what issue specifically that you would like to address here, but I am curious about one of your claims.
Kane said:
Most of the killings today are pre-mediated murders.
Most, as in how many? According to whom?

OP
K

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
I'm not really sure what issue specifically that you would like to address here, but I am curious about one of your claims.Most, as in how many? According to whom?
Sex offender killings are mostly pre-mediated murder.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry - I had a hard time tracking this too - the subject reads that the girl was found by the sex offender, but I get it now ... she was killed BY the sex offender.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Personal Opinion follows..

IMO many people make bad decisions, get arrested, do time and eventually change into "decent" citizens. Then there are others with MULTIPLE arrests, sexual offense and violent histories that just plain will never be rehabilitated. Is life imprisonment the answer? Maybe, maybe not. But just having somebody "register" and hardly tracking them thereafter isnt the answer either. Heck we have "juvenile delinquents" here that have to wear ankle bracelets....

http://www.sexoffender.com/sorecidivism.html

An interesting site that studies recidivism rates of sex offenders.......

Image13.gif

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
So -- are you saying that if someone 'makes a mistake' once and seems to be rehabilitated, he should be allowed back out on the street?

As to solitary confinement, possibly. I like the idea of Bubba, et al much much better.

I don't know if I could forgive anyone such a heinous crime - ever.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
kenpo tiger said:
So -- are you saying that if someone 'makes a mistake' once and seems to be rehabilitated, he should be allowed back out on the street?

As to solitary confinement, possibly. I like the idea of Bubba, et al much much better.

I don't know if I could forgive anyone such a heinous crime - ever.
I believe I said "bad decision" which is far different from "mistake". In some cases, yes depending on the crime, my statement was more "universal" than directed at this particular case.

Personally I would loose no sleep if this premeditating child rapist/killer got the needle. Life behind bars works too though.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Kane said:
Sex offender killings are mostly pre-mediated murder.
According to whom? Please cite a source for this claim. It's important that we ascertain the validity of your assertion here, as the justification for your belief that all sex offenders who kill ought ot be executed relies on the validity of the proposition that they are premeditating the kill.

R

rmcrobertson

The vast majority of sex offenses and assaults against children are committed by family members. We play up the minority of cases because it's a helluva lot easier than dealing with that reality.

K

Kempogeek

My deepest apologies to Mr. Rustaz and everyone on this forum for my posting on this topic. My entry should have been more presentable. I want to continue to be a member in good standings. Capital punishment can be a hot button for me but that's no excuse for my wording. Again my apologies. Best regards, Steve

M

Melissa426

Kane said:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/25/florida.girl/

Sorry if that sounds harsh or offensive to anyone, but death is what all criminals should get.
All criminals? Even the kids caught with a beer after high-school graduation.
I am assuming you really don't mean all criminals, just the ones convicted of violent sexual crimes or murder. Correct me if I am wrong.

I have mixed thoughts. I am a law-abiding citizen, who believes the justice is blind and the system generally works.
But, if someone did that what this jerk in Florida did to a child/relative of mine, I would consider taking the law into my own hands. I don't know how and I am pretty sure I'd get caught, regardless. But I could see myself spending many hours contemplating the deed.

Peace,
Melissa

OP
K

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
Melissa426 said:
All criminals? Even the kids caught with a beer after high-school graduation.
I am assuming you really don't mean all criminals, just the ones convicted of violent sexual crimes or murder. Correct me if I am wrong.

I have mixed thoughts. I am a law-abiding citizen, who believes the justice is blind and the system generally works.
But, if someone did that what this jerk in Florida did to a child/relative of mine, I would consider taking the law into my own hands. I don't know how and I am pretty sure I'd get caught, regardless. But I could see myself spending many hours contemplating the deed.

Peace,
Melissa
I mean murders, lol.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
The vast majority of sex offenses and assaults against children are committed by family members. We play up the minority of cases because it's a helluva lot easier than dealing with that reality.
Absolutely true. And sadly the number reported are probably just the tip of the iceberg, as MANY go unreported. As to us dealing with that reality though, its tough to deal with problems that we arent made aware of....

M

MissTwisties

Personally, I wouldn't care if they get the needle, but I have to wonder if by taking the criminal's life ourselves, if it makes us better than him? On the other end, I think prisons today are becoming almost like luxurious hotels for criminals. TV's and movie nights? Education? Playing sports outside? Eating 5 stars food? I don't think so! Specially when we know who pay for all that...the rest of us! Prison shouldn't be a safe haven for the killers, rapists, etc. it should be a place where it's hard to live, where it's no fun and where you actually have to live to REGRET what you have done to someone else.

R

rmcrobertson

You've never actually BEEN in a prison, have you? I have. The fantasy that they're fun is exactly a fantasy.

I repeat: most of the godawful crimes are comitted by relatives. We fixate on the exceptions because it's easier than dealing with reality.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL! Im sure.

What you say is true though. But its the media (then by default, us) IMO that focuses on these cases. Statistically child abduction is minuscule, but the media onslaught that follows after every occurrence has people scrambling to monitor their childs every second...

Latest Discussions