Fisheyes

OP
MBuzzy

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Never used one so far.

We just got a new fancy lens (Nikon 70-200mm, F2.8 VRII) and I'm looking forward to our next big purchase and I think that will be it. It seems to be a necessity for a lot of the weddings and current family kind of shoots. I see them all over the place now.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We just got a new fancy lens (Nikon 70-200mm, F2.8 VRII) and I'm looking forward to our next big purchase and I think that will be it. It seems to be a necessity for a lot of the weddings and current family kind of shoots. I see them all over the place now.

Really? Somehow I can't picture their use in weddings. Then again, I'm not that kind of photographer...lol

OP
MBuzzy

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Really? Somehow I can't picture their use in weddings. Then again, I'm not that kind of photographer...lol

:) The problem is, it is the kind of lens that you might use for one or two shots during any gig - really cool shots - just not many of them. It is very expensive for something you only get a few shots out of.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We're waiting on an 85mm 1.4 lens now, and I'm looking at getting a 24-70mm 2.8 hopefully in June. A fisheye might be on the list to do some archetectual work down the road though but not anytime soon.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:) The problem is, it is the kind of lens that you might use for one or two shots during any gig - really cool shots - just not many of them. It is very expensive for something you only get a few shots out of.

Thanks! Those are very cool. I've seen some amazing shots of architecture and forestry done with fisheye lenses, I just couldn't really picture a wedding shot...until now.

It sure does seem like an expensive proposition. That will have to wait at last until I can actually earn some income at photography (or photo processing) :lol:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well...it figures, as soon as I said I hadn't seen them used before...

This shot is from a wedding photographer in Northern Mass. Fantastic shot of the church!

StacyShaun20070908153531a.jpg