Finally introducing myself!

sopraisso

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I've been reading at martialtalk for more than six months. As time went by I noticed I should interact too, so now I'm introducing myself!
I'm full of questions and I am going to show them gradually. And I'm already full of gratitude, too, for what I have already learned here. I hope to help people too, and certainly I hope to have nice talks to the great guys I've been seeing here -- coz I already seem to know many, and I respect them.
BTW, who am I?
I'm Sérgio, from Brazil. I've been practising taekwondo for a little more than a year (now in 3rd gub/blue w/ red stripe belt) and I've already practised a little shotokan karate (only 3 months). I like martial arts in general, and I my intent is to become a full martial artist -- body, mind and soul -- more than an typical sport practioner.
I've been to taekwondo forum most of the time here in MT (and that's why I'm posting this both in TKD and Meet and Greet threads), but I do wish to get to know other martial arts. Btw, I recently read some great aikido and jeet kune do books, and I appreciate those arts.
Thank you everyone for letting me join you!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, brother!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Sérgio. We are glad you decided to join us. Enjoy!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well met, good sir. Come in out of the shadows and seat yourself here at the table with us :bows:

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to a good community. We look forward to your contributions as well as you questions, as we're all students on a path.

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bienvenido Sergio, bueno se que no estoy escribiendo en Portuges pero el español y el Portuges son ambas lenguas romances y se entienden bien entre ellas, sesta es tu casa, aqui hay mucha gente buena y conocedora mi nombre es Manny y soy de Mexico del puerto de Veracruz, de donde eres tu? Sao Paulo? Rio? Santos? Porto Alegre? Brasilia?

Parece ser que eres joven aun que edad tienes?

Manny

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome and may your knowledge grow beyond your imagination.

OP
S

sopraisso

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello again to every mate!
Thank you for your welcomings and kindness.

Manny,
You're right, if you write in Spanish I'll probably understand you fully as well. As for my age, well... I'm 27, today I think that's not old but not totally young. Once I started karate at 25 and taekwondo at 26, sometimes I feel I was a little older than I wish I was for a beginner, but I can say today I have maturity to receive the full advantages of practising such arts.
And I'm from Belem, wich is located in north regiuon here in Brazil (Amazon), but well, it's not bad to say that... there'

OP
S

sopraisso

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Manny,
You're right, if you write in Spanish I'll probably understand you fully as well. As for my age, well... I'm 27, today I think that's not old but not totally young. Once I started karate at 25 and taekwondo at 26, sometimes I feel I was a little older than I wish I was for a beginner, but I can say today I have maturity to receive the full advantages of practising such arts.
And I'm from Belem, wich is located in north regiuon here in Brazil (Amazon), but well, it's not bad to say that... there'

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score

Manny,

No estas tan viejo, yo regrese al TKD despues de 12 años de ausentarme de el a la edad de casi 40 años, y si no ha sido facil pero tampoco dificil, asi que practicamente eres un bebe desde el punto de vista de un hombre maduro como yo.

Ponle muchas ganas al entrenamiento.

Manny

Latest Discussions