Final Fu

Christina05

Green Belt
Reaction score
So i was wondering if anyone has watched that new mtv2 show called the Final Fu and what you thought about it.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Completely Horrible!
icon13.gif

ronin_warrior_j

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
From other Final Fu thread.
I dont see everybodys problem with the show. With so many Martial Arts schools having to close down due to lack of students. I think its great that theres a show that will peak the interest of the demagraphic it was ment for, thus upping enrollment rates due to new found interests in the martial arts. I can remember being 14 years old in 1993 and taking Kachido Aikijitsu class in a school that taught alot of other arts. The Power Ranger boom had just hit and i ended up having to help out with the karate classes due to the enormous sizes. What im trying to say is that these shows are ment for entertainment not as a guide to the martial arts. There is rule breaking, but there is also repercussions for the broken rules. To me that shows a young kid that may be watching that you cant be an a**hole and be honorable at the same time. Im not saying that the show is perfect. I hate the no head contact thing, but in a way thats kind of good because it shows the viewers that you have to have restraint in certiant areas of the martial arts. Maybe this show is more well designed than we all think.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
what i want to know is who came up with those rules.

Zaii

White Belt
Reaction score
Anyone with a remotely solid conception of live sparring will see Final Fu for the joke that it is. It's got a bunch of attractive kids from point-sparring styles, competing in an arena where strikes to the head, grappling of any kind, strikes below the knee, and most importantly striking with too much force are all outlawed concepts. Oh, and they get to do that annoying thing from shows like The Real World where they talk trash about each other in little 3-5 second blurbs. It's another "reality" show in one of many attempts by MTV to draw an audience.

However...the show isn't entirely unpalatable....

21awg1z.jpg

Shizen Shigoku

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It's what I expected a MA show on MTV to be.
If it helps boost enrollment at your dojo, great.
Entertaining? No.
Annoying? Mostly.

lll000000lll

Green Belt
Reaction score
Final Fu is a terrible show, although i do catch myself watching it sometimes. the whole "semi-full contact" and to be honest it doesnt even matter your level of martial arts ability or your training, it has only to do with how fast you can flurry punches in between your opponents kicks and strikes. i beleive the score is a s follows.

punches = 1 point

kicks = 2 points

turning or spining kicks = 3 points

and then airial kicks = 4 points

but you arent allowed head contact and if your opponent blocks your hits by standing there covering themselves like a child then you are denied your points due to the fact that you didnt hit their torso.

this show doesnt show martial arts at all for what it truely is, infact its more like a real life version on Rock'em Sock'em robots.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
lll000000lll said:
Final Fu is a terrible show, although i do catch myself watching it sometimes. the whole "semi-full contact" and to be honest it doesnt even matter your level of martial arts ability or your training, it has only to do with how fast you can flurry punches in between your opponents kicks and strikes. i beleive the score is a s follows.

punches = 1 point

kicks = 2 points

turning or spining kicks = 3 points

and then airial kicks = 4 points

but you arent allowed head contact and if your opponent blocks your hits by standing there covering themselves like a child then you are denied your points due to the fact that you didnt hit their torso.

this show doesnt show martial arts at all for what it truely is, infact its more like a real life version on Rock'em Sock'em robots.

Kicks to leg and body = 1 point.
Punches = 2 Points
3 points for aeriel kicks.

This is why u see so much punching b/c that gets the most points.

This show for lack of better wording "is what it is".
We are just realizing how some people of other professions feel when they see stuff on tv poorly done b/c that is not how things actually are.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
i still want to know who came up with the point system. it's...weird.