Fighter's Record

Slihn

Purple Belt
Reaction score
How many of you guys have fought in the ring?If so what is your fight record?Mine is 0-0-0.LOL! I have not been able to fight yet but I am hoinh to within the next few months is everything goes well.

Do you have any videos or pics of your fights?

If you do,will you post them?

Hannya

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Same record as you but will be fighting in the Golden Gloves and a MT tournament coming up this march. I honestly don't think I'm ready as I have yet to find a weight class I'm comfortable in, but I just wanna get the ball rolling.

I'm curious do most people try tournaments to get a taste of it first even though they dont feel ready? or do they wait till they trained for years and feel as though they can take 1st place?

OP
Slihn

Slihn

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Same record as you but will be fighting in the Golden Gloves and a MT tournament coming up this march. I honestly don't think I'm ready as I have yet to find a weight class I'm comfortable in, but I just wanna get the ball rolling.

I'm curious do most people try tournaments to get a taste of it first even though they dont feel ready? or do they wait till they trained for years and feel as though they can take 1st place?

I dont think most people train for years on in until they go to a tournament(well it least in Muay Thai) I remember after only a few months of training my (old) instructor asked me if I wanted to fight for him in about two months.I told him thatI didnt know if I was ready but I agreed to(but because of circumstances,I didnt get to fight).I dont know if I could have won or not back then,but I do know (now) that there was so much that I didnt even have a clue on about fighting.Anyway,I dont think its necessary to be like a 10th degree grandmaster to fight,but I woulndt recommmend steping into the ring with less than 6 months of solid(consistant serious training of 4-6 days a week) training.

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My record was 4-2-0. Six whole fights. My two losses were both after long layoffs (bad mistake) and I loss by decision. I was in the military at the time so it was hard to prepare for fights. I had fun fighting too. It definitely is an experience. Some place I have some old pictures of when I was training and I have been looking for them but I can't find them. I have moved 3 times since then so no telling where they are. Good luck Slihn.

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Cardio, cardio and more cardio. The better your cardio conditioning, the faster you can recover from a possible knock out strike. Eat, sleep, & train muay thai.

OP
Slihn

Slihn

Purple Belt
Reaction score
..yeah thats pretty much what I do.In the mornings,I work on cardio and on the heavy bag,I working during the day,then go to Muay Thai immediately after work and after that I weightlift(funny I still dont feel like its enough,I know one day I am going to go to the "mother land"..Thailand.lol).

Drag'n

Green Belt
Reaction score

Its different for everyone, But I dont think anybody feels totally ready for their first fight.
Dont worry about it. If you wait till you feel ready you'll miss out on valuable experience. Fighting will make you ready.
The experience you get in the ring is so valuable. You'll learn alot more about yourself than you do in the gym.
It will inspire you to train harder and make you more aware of what you need to work on.
Guys who fight regularly improve waay faster than guys who dont.
Alot of trainers know this and thats why they might push students to get in the ring as early as possible.
Putting a predetermined time limit on when someone should or shouldnt start fighting is difficult cause we all have our own pace.
If your kru thinks you are ready then go for it.
Dont worry about records. You'll learn alot.

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Drag'n is exactly right. Try not to get to wrapped up in a record unless you are going to be a top amateur or pro. It doesn't matter if you have 1 fight or 100 and you don't even have to fight. Getting in the ring does help you learn a lot about yourself. Some of the best trainers & instructors have never fought.

Latest Discussions