Felons and guns...

Primal Kuen

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
when I was 17 I was convicted of a felony in the state of texas. I'm 32 now, and have always been told...even by police officers that I was not allowed to own a gun of any kind. But after all these years I found out that felons can indeed own and possess Muzzle loading guns. ( in the state of Texas ).

Maybe nobody gives a crap here, but that's a big deal to me, and I'm sure to alot of ppl like me...as I grew up hunting with family etc. and had to sit out on all those good hunting trips due to bad info, and blatent lies from officers, etc.

So I went and picked up a Thompson Center Omega 50. cal ( what do you know...no paper work involved ) . This gun is awesome ! 6" groups at 100 yards w/open sites. Deadly to 300 + yds ( with magnum load ) with more knockdown performance than most conventional hunting rifles. I'm telling you, muzzle loading rifles and ammo have come a long way since the old smooth bore patch and ball guns. Mine takes a 209 shotgun primer aswell, so no flint or cap lock crap.

anyway, to anyone here who might be in the same position...check your state laws before thinking you're screwed forever from that mistake you made when you were a young idiot like me.....

later.