Feel the burn!

poollshark

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that I have the utmost respect for all our men/women in uniform. Military, firefighters, police officers etc. put their lives on the line daily for us and deserve our gratitude. This isn't about the 99% out there doing their duty, this is about the 1 percent(or less) who cheat the system and steal our hard earned tax dollars.

Pension thieves.

see full article and video here:
http://www.wpri.com/dpp/target_12/pensions_probe/target-12-feel-the-burn-investigation

Feel the burn

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) - A retired Providence firefighter collecting a tax-free disability pension for an on-the-job shoulder injury is a dedicated weightlifter, an undercover Target 12 investigation has discovered.
John Sauro, 48, of Cranston, retired from the fire department in October 2000 and was awarded an accidental disability pension for an injured right shoulder. He takes home about $3,800 a month tax-free in pension payments. The city also pays $1,800 a month for his health insurance.
Undercover video taken by Target 12 show Sauro working out at a local gym over a week's time. It reveals him doing an exercise routine that includes lifting 205 pounds on an incline bench, performing shoulder exercises with a combined 150 pounds in dumbbells, and hanging by his arms to do leg raises.
Asked why he could no longer perform his duties as a firefighter even though he was a weightlifter, Sauro said he was disabled "as far as being a firefighter."

[yt]v=ozEa6xcRK1s[/yt]

Local rumors have it that his wife is also on a permanent disability pension from the Providence school department :xtrmshock

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take it you have equal respect for the women in uniform?

I assume someone didn't do this guy's medical properly in the first place before recommending a pension.