Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just a quick drive by thumbs up for the effort on the Magazine, Cap'n Bob. I have very occasionally looked at it over the past years but with articles now being linked to the 'main' forum page it is much more visible - and the first thing that caught my attention? Enter the Dojo of course :D.

Trying to get it more traffic. Right now, we're averaging a couple hundred page views a day. I want to get that up to a couple thousand by July 1st, so pass it around. Share it on Facebook or Google+, email links, etc.

As traffic builds, I'm hoping we'll start attracting more regular columnists and give Black Belt a run for their money :)

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Absent an encyclopedic knowledge of the arts, and people stepping up and contributing, I go hunting, look for things that look good and include them. I've combed through MT & KT for videos that got a lot of positive response. In a few cases it's more 'entertainment value' than 'martial value' (ie Enter the Dojo and Ask a Ninja). Chuck Johnson's stepped up to contribute videos and articles. Joe Rebelo & Doc Chapel have been a long time supporter of MT, and while a bit controversial to some, neither have ever done me or MT wrong. If those inclusions get people talking, it's all good. I have a few others who said they would, but so far haven't.

Stuff prior to the relaunch was a simple "what did I post on MT in the zine section, copy/paste/next". With the relaunch, and more specifically April, I'm trying to schedule a minimum of 15 videos/articles a month, which will cover the range of the arts. A couple interviews, a couple techniques, some history, some laughs, a little build your school.

For anyone who wants to contribute, I still have room for more people.

Well, I'd be happy to act as an editor for Japanese and related material, or as a sounding board for most of the rest, but putting articles together might be a stretch. Then again, if there's anything you specifically want to put in there (article wise), and can't find anything, I might be able to put something together. It'd depend on the subject and my schedule at the time... but what I can do, I'm happy to.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Needs a Babe of the Month. Find one of the attractive MMS fighter babes, you know, the one's who will make you tap just by saying 'hello', and showcase them. Interview them. Photograph them. What ever you do don't roll with them. They'll make you tap. And cry. And poop your pants from the pain. So don't do that. But Babe of the Month.

And more Ask a Ninja. He's great! :ninja:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I'd be happy to act as an editor for Japanese and related material, or as a sounding board for most of the rest, but putting articles together might be a stretch. Then again, if there's anything you specifically want to put in there (article wise), and can't find anything, I might be able to put something together. It'd depend on the subject and my schedule at the time... but what I can do, I'm happy to.

Personally I'd find actual published content to be more far interesting than editing and sounding boards intended to block content. If you wrote an article, I think it would be very interesting to read.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I'll set you up when I have a minute. You can write if you like, or just submit a video or article that's legally redistributable. Either works. I'm looking for a mix of articles and videos.

Needs a Babe of the Month. Find one of the attractive MMS fighter babes, you know, the one's who will make you tap just by saying 'hello', and showcase them. Interview them. Photograph them. What ever you do don't roll with them. They'll make you tap. And cry. And poop your pants from the pain. So don't do that. But Babe of the Month.

And more Ask a Ninja. He's great! :ninja:

More Ask a Ninja is in the queue. As to 'Babe of the Month', not aiming for the T&A focus, though should a solid interview or technique video featuring women MMA fighters or martial artists come along, I'll be sure to consider them for inclusion.

Personally I'd find actual published content to be more far interesting than editing and sounding boards intended to block content. If you wrote an article, I think it would be very interesting to read.

Ditto.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So long as there is a showcase dude of the month also :)

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lol: They'd only have to do that featuring the likes of me just the once and the lasses would be crying out for no more! :lol:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So long as there is a showcase dude of the month also :)

I don't think a series of "guys who look like Kevin Smith" would go over that well.
If only they all were hard bodied well toned.

Most of the MMA guys I know look more like a classic 70's pro-wrestler. lol

lifespantkd

Blue Belt
Reaction score
As to 'Babe of the Month', not aiming for the T&A focus, though should a solid interview or technique video featuring women MMA fighters or martial artists come along, I'll be sure to consider them for inclusion.

Well done. Thank you.

Cynthia