Fat kid has had enough

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
The subject title is a literal translation of the Dutch title. Don't blame me for that.
I searched youtube but couldn't find it yet so you have to click the link to the facebook viedo.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=152963141430995

Speaking as someone who was bullied in high school for a while, I think the little twerp got what was coming to him. And as an added bonus, he got shamed on the net. With any luck his parents get to see it too.

I doub't he'll be picking on big kids anytime soon. :D

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Generally I would agree, but the bully could have easily been paralyzed or killed using this move. Granted, 10 year olds don't have eagle eye foresight, but he still did the wrong thing. If he had punched him in the mouth instead or just body slammed him, I wouldn't think that.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And that, boys and girls, is how we know the WWE is fake...
Holy crap. Talk about pissing off the wrong kid.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What was the deal with the uniforms? It seemed as if there were two groups, each wearing a different uniform. Different schools? Different grades? The big kid looked like he was significantly older than the smaller kid; so did the other kid dressed like he was at the end.

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
I won't comment on the right or wrong of it, since the video doesn't give enough context to really know what happened (i.e maybe the fat kid called the skinny kid's mom a whore and started it etc...) but I will say, its a testament to the whole "be careful who you mess with" idea. Don't hit someone in the face unless you are really ready to go.

Also, I had a brief vision of me fighting Brock Lesnar right there.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is footage at an Australian school where apparently the smaller kid had been bullying the bigger kid for about a year.

The difference in uniforms might be explained by one class having P.E. (physical education) or it could be the schools sports day.

The little wanker got what he deserved , and even better that it happened in front of those girls that he was obviously trying to impress , PRICELESS.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It`s like I tried to tell my nephews growing up. There`s a good reason bobcats don`t chase grizzily bears....they might just catch one, and then things get ugly.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
*hands rude little wanker his card*

"Hello, my name is David. I`ll be the 300 lbs man stomping on your chest tonight."

Rayban

Green Belt
Reaction score
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8224642/south-australia-plans-to-crack-down-on-cyber-bullying

I was quite a large kid (still am :)) and I was bullied mercilessly. While I may have reacted differently, (probably not a body slam) I still reacted and ended the threat when I could take no more. Once I did this the bullying from everyone stopped. I guess I just became too hard a target to bully, which is why they moved on to other students.

Bullying (in this country especially) is always tip toed around when it comes to the school yard. But no matter how many mediation sessions you might have. No matter how much detention or suspension you get. The fact still remains that unless you can become a hard target, the bullies will continue.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was a big kid too, and it always seemed that if I got picked on it was always by someone 1/2 my size. They mistake the fact that you`ve always been taught not to pick on the little guys with being afraid. Or maybe it`s not a mistake. Maybe it`s a consious choice because they know someone their own size can wack `em without being thought of as a bad kid.

Rayban

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was a big kid too, and it always seemed that if I got picked on it was always by someone 1/2 my size. They mistake the fact that you`ve always been taught not to pick on the little guys with being afraid. Or maybe it`s not a mistake. Maybe it`s a consious choice because they know someone their own size can wack `em without being thought of as a bad kid.

Maybe so. As school yard predators, they tend to pick on any perceived weakness they find. Maybe they thought having the ethical discipline of "not picking on the little guy" was a weakness to exploit. Or as in my experience they were just dumb as dogs**t.

Ethics can get a little blurry when you're a depressed and bullied kid.

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ethics can get a little blurry when you're a depressed and bullied kid.

Any living creature if pushed far enough will become highly violent. Then we blame them for it.....It's better that this kid slammed a bully, rather than showing up at school after more years of abuse with with a gun and waxing the lot of them. Of course, if that happened, all anyone would think about is how messed up the kid was, and not how he got that way. (This is in no way a justification for such behavior, but I have seen school bullying get so bad, that I have often thought, I wouldn't be surprised if this kid goes postal on these bully's)

The video ended up on some news programs today, with callers around the world suggesting the big kid be charged with criminal offenses. WTF? Others were saying he was in the wrong because he didn't go to his teachers... why would he have any faith in them? Where were they for the year the bullying had been going on? I say, buy the kid an Xbox to enjoy during his suspension. He earned it.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It`s like I tried to tell my nephews growing up. There`s a good reason bobcats don`t chase grizzily bears....they might just catch one, and then things get ugly.
True that... but wolverines have been known to stand their ground and chase off Grizzlies and Browns off carrion that they claimed. Smaller and lighter weight than bears but probably 10 times meaner any day... So it is as they say... it isn't the the size of the man in the fight but the size of the fight in the man (or sumpthin like that).

OP
Bruno@MT

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
The video ended up on some news programs today, with callers around the world suggesting the big kid be charged with criminal offenses. WTF? Others were saying he was in the wrong because he didn't go to his teachers... why would he have any faith in them? Where were they for the year the bullying had been going on? I say, buy the kid an Xbox to enjoy during his suspension. He earned it.

People who say things like that have no clue what it means to be bullied.
Criminal offenses? For what? For not letting himself be punched in the face anymore? That's rich. Did that come from US people perhaps? The twerp should be thankful that he learned a valuable life lesson without getting injured permanently.

Going to the teachers? Doesn't help. Unless there is video footage (in this day and age that would be simpler) it is a matter of he-said-she-said in front of a patronizing school principal. They won't be able to do anything about it, and the bullies will just be more careful not to get caught and they'll know you went talking and get extra mean.

Adults -unless they were bullied themselves- are completely clueless about bullying and what to do about it. Had the other kid broken his neck, fair enough, we could argue that that was over the top. However, imo no harm -> no foul.

My youngest sometimes comes home (she is 4) telling me that a boy from her class hurt her (she's a head shorter than the rest of the class) and then she tells me that she kicked or punched him back. And I reward that. Because she will most likely always be the shortest kid in any group. If I can prevent her from ever assuming a victim role, she will be better for it. Looking at the long run, even if you can't win it's better to go down fighting.

OP
Bruno@MT

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I posted this link:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...cyber-bullying

It happened in Western Sydney, Australia.

From the link:
"Overnight [the video] has gone international [and] the concern for us is kids seeing it may think it's what they need to do if they are at the receiving end of bullying."

Yes Sharlene, I think that is exactly what they need to do.
And I will back my kids no matter what happens if they ever need to do it.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If reasonable force was used in response to a punch I do not have an issue with.
However reasonable force to a punch is not slamming someone on their head.
In my opinion slamming someone on their head is lethal force because the intent is to cause serious bodily harm.

The Bigger kid could have run away the Bigger kid could have responded in a non violent way and just restrained him, could have told a teacher and could have used reasonable force to defend himself.

OP
Bruno@MT

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Bigger kid could have run away the Bigger kid could have responded in a non violent way and just restrained him, could have told a teacher and could have used reasonable force to defend himself.

The bigger kid did just that for over a year apparently.
Didn't help, did it? Personally I don't think there is value in teaching kids to stay victims and depending on other people to make sure noone tries to hurt them. They might as well tattoo 'kick me' on their foreheads. The little kid could have just not thrown the first punch. He could have just walked away after trying to land the second, third and fourth punch.

I agree that dunking someone on his head is an extreme action.
However, the bullying and provocations had built up for a long time. Even after the first solid punch to his face, the big kid only wanted to be left alone while the young kid indicated that he repeatedly wanted to punch him again, knowing full well someone was recording it. Perhaps because of it so he could embarras the big kid on facebook

In light of all that, I do not think the big kid reacted inappropriately. If you kick Mike Tyson in the nads, don't complain if he punches your head from your body.

Put it like this: if the big kid was my daughter, I'd back her all the way and buy her an Xbox to pass the time while suspended. If the little kid was my daughter, I'd apologize to the big kid, and had a heart to heart with my daughter that bullying is wrong and she got what she deserved. If the little kid had broken his neck, I'd agree with you. But he didn't. It all ended well and valuable lessons were learned.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions