Fancy Dress Parties

silatman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A very good friend of mine is turning 30 and has decided that an 80's themed party is the way to go.
This couple always have themed parties and everyone always makes a big effort and as such the nights are always a good laugh.
The problem is that I am completely stuck for ideas this time around so I thought that i would throw it open to the floor and see what suggestions come up.
I definately want to find a character about the same size and shape as me so that the transformation can be complete, I am about 5' 8" high and weigh about 16 stone (about 100kgs). So short and fat if I'm honest.
Any ideas bearing in mind that I live in Australia, although I can only assume that the same sorts of TV shows are shown here as in the states. It can be ANYTHING from the era though.

Cheers People

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Crocodile Dundee should be easy enough to pull off. Lose the red helmet, die your hair blond (cut it if needed), get a big hat, snakeskin vest and boots, and a short sword / knife.

At 5'8", you certainly couldn't be Donk.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
With a suit and a phony badge you could be Sammo Hung from "Martial Law"......Slick your hair back and get some of that cheap hair color in a spray can

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How about totally parody of an 80's character... Worsted Wool suit a very big revolver (exaggerated even), your hair poofed back to a mullet, fake badge and a big bag of doughnuts... and it's "Do you feel hungry...punk?" Chubby Harry!
:idunno: it's a simple enough costume.
Good luck with whatever you choose... but yeah... pictures... post pictures... heh heh!