MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
yes thanks for the warning. I'll be sure to check the bar from now on

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So that's how so many of my MySpace friends have gotten advertisements put in their bulletins. Thank you for the heads up.

How do you end up getting directed to the fake site instead of the real myspace.com in the first place, I wonder? They don't even have similar URLs.

OP
donna

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
The guy that they interviewed on TV said he was browsing one of his friends pages when he clicked on a link which took him to the false site. The thing that raised his suspicion was it looked like the proper log in site and prompted him to login, but he knew he was already logged in. So he investigated further . The link to the blogsite tells more

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is a comment on the MartialTalk MySpace page now that contains a redirect to this fake page. It is a fake YouTube screen. Do not click it!

Update: It's gone now.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is a comment on the MartialTalk MySpace page now that contains a redirect to this fake page. It is a fake YouTube screen. Do not click it!

Update: It's gone now.

Yeah I caught one of those too.

How do you end up getting directed to the fake site instead of the real myspace.com in the first place, I wonder? They don't even have similar URLs.

Not too long ago myspace changed the way links work, I forget their reasoning, but if you "hover" a link, it no longer shows the real URL it hides it with something that starts with MSPLINKS and then a bunch of gobbledygoo... so if its linked on Myspace, the link itself is disguised if you dont check the actual URL/Address bar.

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
Firefox warned me that it was a fake site.
Just one of a thousand reasons why I use Firefox and not Internet Exploder ;p.

Latest Discussions