Eyelash Transplants.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Eyelash transplants set to sweep nip tuck world

Eyelash transplant surgery wants to become the new must-have procedure for women -- and the occasional man -- convinced that beauty is not so much in the eye of the beholder as in front of the eye itself.

Using procedures pioneered by the hair loss industry for balding men, surgeons are using "plug and sew" techniques to give women long, sweeping lashes once achieved only by glued on extensions and thick lashings of mascara.

[...]

"When I found out about it, I just had to have it done. Everyone I mention it to wants it. I think eyelashes are awesome. You can never have enough of them," Lynn said.

I'm moving back to the 19th century. If anyone needs me, just send a telegraph via Morse code.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
you would think there would be more important things to research than eye-lash transplants...

Apparently they were developed for burn victims and those with congenital conditions. But now 80% of them are for cosmetic reasons. Sheesh! At $3,000 per eye, I'd rather put it toward my next car.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Apparently they were developed for burn victims and those with congenital conditions. But now 80% of them are for cosmetic reasons. Sheesh! At $3,000 per eye, I'd rather put it toward my next car.
Wow, I could buy a lotta things that go bang for that!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wrong beyond belief..but SOMEBODY will pony up the bucks and think nothing of it...

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Will it make me a pretty girl?

OH, sorry about that. My mind wandered to a SpongBob Squarepants episode, that is about the level something like this comes from. How it was originally intended, as a cosmetic replacement for accident, burn, or other times when someone either has lost, or never had them is one thing; but this is just stupid. $3000 per eye, just shows there are people with more money that brains, not jabbing at wealthy people, but anybody who would part with this kind of cash for something so silly.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
$3000/eye is more than I paid for LASIK ($1100 for both eyes)... if I had that kind of money to spend on discretionary purchases, I'd get the rest of the windows replaced, get a new front door, a new slider for the back door, and still have some left to play with.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
$3000/eye is more than I paid for LASIK ($1100 for both eyes)... if I had that kind of money to spend on discretionary purchases, I'd get the rest of the windows replaced, get a new front door, a new slider for the back door, and still have some left to play with.
That's almost 2 months of mortgage payments for me...I don't think it it worth it for cosmetic purposes....no idea how I would feel about it in instances like burn victims or something...

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
How ****ED UP are the people in this country going to get?
Is everyone that self-conscious as to PAY ****ING MONEY TO HAVE YOUR EYELASHES DONE? :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's almost 2 months of mortgage payments for me...I don't think it it worth it for cosmetic purposes....no idea how I would feel about it in instances like burn victims or something...

Are you kidding? $3000/eye = $6000... that's nearly 5 months mortgage payments for me.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are you kidding? $3000/eye = $6000... that's nearly 5 months mortgage payments for me.

Wow, I guess I do live in an area that the house prices are cheap. 1960 sq. feet; nothing fancy mind you, but comfortable and $6000 would equal 17 months payments. With taxes, water/sewer, lights, heat included that would get me just under 9 months. Maybe Maine doesn't suck so hard after all.

That is crazy amount to pay for longer eyelashes. Shoot as a guy I don't even notice eyelashes, well I do, but it is WAY down on the list of things to check out. :)

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
The funny thing is the hair still grows! So you have to cut your eyelashes. And if the persons hair is curly, they may have some issues! :)

This is just crazy!

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A fantastic thing for burn victims, or alopecia sufferers, etc. But as a cosmetic procedure??? Please....*rolls eyes*. You have to have Body Dysmorphic Disorder, seriously.

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score

Well VA is more expensive than CO and I can't add, I was just thinking the 3k, 6 k is about 3.5 months of payments for me....and I only live in a 1bdrm condo....can we all understand why I am always broke now....