Exante Diet

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I now about the hype and whatnot. Just thought I would give it ago for 28 days and see what results I get. Going to start tomorrow after I get my scales from work. Reckon I am hitting 15 and a half again. I just eat too much, so I am not 100% confident. But hell, your body can learn. So, rather than getting stressed with a definite target weight, I am going to treat it as just another routine. If I make know significant return, I won't worry too much as long as what I have done, is just healthy. Anyway, I will take some pictures of the meal packs etc. Please no negative evangelistic views please :) This is a personal experiment which hopefully will yield some good knowledge at the end :) The one really bad food source being bread, that is going to be really hard. I have been severely limiting myself to one stacked sandwich or roll a day. Going to be interesting!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no negative evangelistic views please

Okay, just some Shakespeare then, from King Lear.

"O, that way madness lies; let me shun that;
No more of that." :wacky:

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, just some Shakespeare then, from King Lear.

"O, that way madness lies; let me shun that;
No more of that." :wacky:

Still as reasonable as you believe, doing it anyway. Just don't listen real good when it is a opposing view madam! In a kind of way :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Good luck. Never heard of the diet though, I guess it's NutraSystem for 2nd world countries? :p

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So I looked it up. Is it a program where you buy meals? Or is it just 800 calories a day?

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I looked it up. Is it a program where you buy meals? Or is it just 800 calories a day?

Yeah it is a meal pack program with breakfast shakes. You get deserts as well. Mine is at 1200 calories with a bit of headroom for a proper meal. Having three chicken fillets that need eating with a salad bowl later.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah it is a meal pack program with breakfast shakes. You get deserts as well. Mine is at 1200 calories with a bit of headroom for a proper meal. Having three chicken fillets that need eating with a salad bowl later.

I know people who do versions on that theme. It can get a bit boring after a while. But is supposed to work ok.

Most of your diet and exercise is psychological to be honest. Everybody knows what crap food and a couch looks like. It is choosing not to take That option that is the trick.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know people who do versions on that theme. It can get a bit boring after a while. But is supposed to work ok.

Most of your diet and exercise is psychological to be honest. Everybody knows what crap food and a couch looks like. It is choosing not to take That option that is the trick.

Yeah, I'm not some obese couch potato, just knackered. That is the problem when long working hours are involved. The commercial world make it so easy to eat convenience food. Anyway one of the problems surrounding stuff like getting the weight off, is there are too many narrow minded perceptions on what food is right or wrong. Eat more greens, cut out carbs. Another would advocate more carbs for example. At the end of the day, these diets can be used as a positive. Like you bear with yourself, I know myself and what my body wants. With you're MMA you are 21st century. As far as I am concerned, I have no problem with 21st century food science ideas either :)

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know the deal, loose weight, eat less food. Hopefully the package your buying into is cost effective compared to your normal meals.

Good luck with it. Hopefully you learn more about food and what works for you as you go through the process.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know the deal, loose weight, eat less food. Hopefully the package your buying into is cost effective compared to your normal meals.

Good luck with it. Hopefully you learn more about food and what works for you as you go through the process.

Thanks.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Love hearing about self-improvement journeys. :) All the best to you!

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I now about the hype and whatnot. Just thought I would give it ago for 28 days and see what results I get. Going to start tomorrow after I get my scales from work. Reckon I am hitting 15 and a half again. I just eat too much, so I am not 100% confident. But hell, your body can learn. So, rather than getting stressed with a definite target weight, I am going to treat it as just another routine. If I make know significant return, I won't worry too much as long as what I have done, is just healthy. Anyway, I will take some pictures of the meal packs etc. Please no negative evangelistic views please :) This is a personal experiment which hopefully will yield some good knowledge at the end :) The one really bad food source being bread, that is going to be really hard. I have been severely limiting myself to one stacked sandwich or roll a day. Going to be interesting!

Transk53?! What happened to my diet plan I sent you, why you trying out some other fella's pre-pack plan and sending him your hard earned do-re-me? I really thought we had something special going over that meal plan. I was so wrong. I feel so, violated...:) Just kidding (on the violation bit!) but in all honesty, why not stick with the one I sent over, was it not working?? If too expensive, stop buying the fresh fish and simply replace all those/most of those portions with canned tuna in fresh water, that should make it affordable (get a little cracked pepper on the tuna and have a cup of hot green tea with it, it helps get the stuff down (I admit after week two, cold canned tuna on its own can start to pale a bit :woot:).

Last edited:

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Eat less **** food, eat more good food.

With "good" being what is tailored/required for your specific needs/goals. Too many people (I would wager 80 - 90% of Western world, that's what I'm most familiar with so will comment on that) simply do not have a good understanding of food and food types and its impacts on the body...

"But I thought brown bread and fruit was healthy, why am I so overweight and have high blood pressure when I am eating all this brown bread and guzzling all this fruit juice??"

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

You said it so much nicer than I did! :)

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Transk53?! What happened to my diet plan I sent you, why you trying out some other fella's pre-pack plan and sending him your hard earned do-re-me? I really thought we had something special going over that meal plan. I was so wrong. I feel so, violated...:) Just kidding (on the violation bit!) but in all honesty, why not stick with the one I sent over, was it not working?? If too expensive, stop buying the fresh fish and simply replace all those/most of those portions with canned tuna in fresh water, that should make it affordable (get a little cracked pepper on the tuna and have a cup of hot green tea with it, it helps get the stuff down (I admit after week two, cold canned tuna on its own can start to pale a bit :woot:).

Cos I am an idiot and could not quite work out how to do it. IE with work and what not. Can't stick to a strict regimen on time that precisely. However, that still is on my drive. Getting hold of fresh fish would not be an issue, potentially, know at at least one inshore boat fisherman. Tuna from a tin is awful for me, or I just don't like tuna too much. Anyway one can follow all the advice all the way to Mars and back, that is the trouble when you used to have someone do it for you. Not that I completely remiss of culinary skills with this stuff :)

"But I thought brown bread and fruit was healthy, why am I so overweight and have high blood pressure when I am eating all this brown bread and guzzling all this fruit juice??"

Nice quote and true. Brown bread is still made with the same flower as white sometimes in a mixture.

Latest Discussions