ex-vice president Mr. Lee's talk in 2002

FieldDiscipline

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kukkiwon Website

Kukkiwon informs that the report of Mr. Lee Jong Woo(ex-vice president of Kukkiwon) interviewed with Shindonga magazine in 2002 was not official of Kukkiwon but just individual point of view talk. Therefore it's not proper to use that report as the reference of the history of Taekwondo.

Anyone know what he said?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well if it is that article than we already know it is fix alot of time before matches and during. People think this is new, come on. If you want to make sure you win and you can control your outcome than just knock your opponet out and then no-one can dispute anything.

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Knowing it's fixed and having a high ranking (former) WTF official state it for the record are two different things.
Having official confirmation of corruption favor of the South Koreans in the tournaments would validate a lot of suspicions. I also believe that USAT is tilted in favor of Ji Do Kwan. If you or your instructor are not Ji Do Kwan, you will not succeed in USAT.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Knowing it's fixed and having a high ranking (former) WTF official state it for the record are two different things.
Having official confirmation of corruption favor of the South Koreans in the tournaments would validate a lot of suspicions. I also believe that USAT is tilted in favor of Ji Do Kwan. If you or your instructor are not Ji Do Kwan, you will not succeed in USAT.

I understand all of that, but it will never change. We will just need to try and do our best and try to fix everything one way or another.

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I do think if Taekwondo exits the Olympics in 2012 or sooner, a lot of things will change politically. Keep in mind, the WTF and USAT have existed from the beginning pretty much to promote and ensure the idea of Taekwondo in the Olympics. If it leaves, then a good portion of their existence is now a moot point.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do think if Taekwondo exits the Olympics in 2012 or sooner, a lot of things will change politically. Keep in mind, the WTF and USAT have existed from the beginning pretty much to promote and ensure the idea of Taekwondo in the Olympics. If it leaves, then a good portion of their existence is now a moot point.

Well to be correct the USAT is new compared to the WTF, all though I understand your point it was the USTU before and basically the same. The org. itself is bogus if you do not play the game of kissing *** and everybody in the sport of TKD knows this. So I wish and hopes it goes bye bye and become a new with real TKD people running it.

Latest Discussions