EX-NFL'er Herschel Walker joins Strikeforce

nelsonkari

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
We'll see. Interesting post. It gives new hope to us "oldtimers".
It seems to me that George Foreman did well for himself in his 40's.

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We'll see. Interesting post. It gives new hope to us "oldtimers".
It seems to me that George Foreman did well for himself in his 40's.

Yea Foreman did good but he had experience as well. Walker is 47 with no MMA experience at all. That makes this who thing crazy in itself. I think it is just to help Strikeforce obtain more publicity than anything else.

I hope he doesn't get urt or embarass himself.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Walker is (was?) a hell of an athlete and well known for his rigorous training regimen. I think he would have put up some great numbers as a running back if didn't end up stuck behind Emmitt Smith for most of his career (with that Dallas offensive line, who wouldn't?).

I wish him luck with this endeavor.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walker is (was?) a hell of an athlete and well known for his rigorous training regimen. I think he would have put up some great numbers as a running back if didn't end up stuck behind Emmitt Smith for most of his career (with that Dallas offensive line, who wouldn't?).

Still starts his day with 2500 sit ups and 1500 push ups, as he has since high school...and I think he's been MMA training since 2007.......

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Herschel's great. Now that he's no longer playing for my most hated team I can say as an athlete I enjoy what he does. I'll support his efforts in MMA as much as a fan can.

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

It was that trade that sent him to the Vikings for all of those picks that got Dallas that future HOF offensive line. Dallas sent Walker to the vikings for all those draft picks. Those picks created that Dallas dynasty. Jimmy Johnson got the biggest steal with that move.

Kwan Jang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It's definitely a late age to start the sport at, but he is a 6th dan who has been training MMA for two years and will be training at AKA with Bob Cook. If he's healthy, I would see him as having the potential to make a very respectable showing, though I don't see him beating Fedor anytime soon.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Herschel Walker still undergoes a rigorous regimen of exercise. Even though he's 47 years old, he has the body of someone 15 years younger. I'm not kidding.

He has amazing athleticism, even at his age, and I think he can actually do well enough. He probably won't be a big time champion, but if I were a younger fellow, I would be foolish to understimate his abilities.

Latest Discussions