Everybody wins

vishalshukla

Orange Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mr. White’s daughter Sydney returned last week from Chile where she volunteered at the Royal Family Kids Camp down there. She spoke to our class this weekend about her experience and how moved she was by what she experienced. It was very emotional to see this wonderful, poised, mature, beautiful young lady get choked up when talking about how much this camp means to the kids who attend. Despite not being able to speak Spanish, Sydney was able to help make a difference in the lives of children half a world away.

It made me realize how many people are able to benefit from the upcoming Bob White Invitational.

The people who run the camps know that the camps will be funded. Last year the BWI raised enough to pay for the entire Newport mesa camp as well as provide extra funds to allow RFKC Chile to hold two camps.

The camp volunteers are able to donate their time to these camps and know they are helping make a difference. By the way, Sydney also volunteered (along with her Mom and sister) at the 2008 Newport Mesa RFKC.

The BWI team gets the reward of knowing they are making a difference. I can tell you, and I think I speak for all of us at BWKS, that this is the most rewarding thing I have ever done.

The competitors get the opportunity to compete in a fun, friendly atmosphere and the older ones get to know they are fighting for a good cause.

Our guests (and the guest list continue to grow) get to see old friends and make new ones. The Kenpo community gets to band together to support a good cause. I never met Mr. Parker but I hope that this is something he would be proud of.

We are 33 days away from the BWI and things are on track for a great day. Thank you to all of you who have donated or just offered words of encouragement. Together we are making a difference.

Regards,
Vishal Shukla
http://www.bobwhiteinvitational.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob White

Green Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife Barbara will be attending next year’s camp in Chile along with our daughter Sydney. Barbara, who is a nurse as well as a 4th Degree Black Belt, will be able to help in many different ways. Barbara will be able to show the Chilean children, kenpo techniques, and they get to see how a beautiful and kind person can defend herself with polished skills. Last year in Lake Arrowhead, Barbara and some of our team did a kenpo demonstration and the kids were most impressed with her skills. Their nurse really impressed them with the fact that she could be loving and caring but if she had to she could do what was necessary to survive an attack. I know it really impacted them.
We are all very happy to be able to be in service to this fine organization. The kenpo community, as well as the local businesses, have really supported this event. Leaders from other martial arts are also getting involved. Pastor Raul Ries, who is a Kung Fu San Soo master, will be there. Long time friends Benny Urquidez, Bob Wall, and John Natividad have been invited.
It is not too late to be a part of this event. There are many schools here in So. Ca. that have not responded, and are not supporting this tournament. This is not about personalities; it truly is about helping children that need our help.
Respectfully,
Bob White

Latest Discussions