Equipment advice?

AThrowAwayAccount

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all!
Iv'e recently gor the task of researching something for my teacher,so i thought that this might be a good place to ask since,some of you might have experience.

So,my teacher was thinking about buying a pair of : PIQ universal box sensor + Everlast box set

And my questions are :
- can it also be used to measure weaker strikes of kids?
-is it worth the money?
-do any of you have experience with it?and if so,could you pleas share it?

I apriciate every answer,thank you for your time and attention.
Have a great day.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, bro.

Save on postage, throw your money out the car window instead. :)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why do you need something to measure how strong their strikes are? Have them punch you/a pad you're holding, you'll be able to tell pretty easily who has power behind their punches.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
thanks,i guess?
is there any reasoning for that statement?

These things, and there have been many, never work like they're supposed to. When they do work, you'll find them to be completely inconsistent.

Go to Amazon and read the reviews. Especially the low rated reviews where they talk about the "app" and it's hidden costs. Such as this one..

Terrific idea limited by lousy app. There is a lot to like about this concept and I was super psyched to try it out but that excitement quickly turned to irritation and then downright disgust once confronted with the software side of this set. First, be prepared to hand over full access to pretty much everything outside of your first born (and that might come later) just to set-up the app itself....I mean be real people. You are selling the item for a decent price and then want to cash in on stuff far beyond any decent level of data related remotely to the app itself. In any case, assuming you have no hesitation about an extremely intrusive invasion of personal data...it doesn't work well. I realize software updates are a normal part of doing business these days but this is brand new and should ship ready to go - not only does it require a software update but the blasted update itself is buggy. Once you go through all of the prior hassle, assuming you still have any time left to go a round, the blasted thing is buggy. It drops, it doesn't like this part of the garage so drops data again, it likes that part of the garage so you now need to rearrange everything. It drops again. It measures one side at a time unless you get two....and after trying it out, two is the only way it makes sense. Except even then, syncing and resetting two would be double the annoyance. All in all, super cool concept with crummy app.

And you will never find these things in professional gyms. Ever.

I hope this helps.

OP
A

AThrowAwayAccount

White Belt
Reaction score
i'll try to explain the situation,we allready have most of the equipment needed,the seminar itself got some money and so,the teachers were thinking about buying something not so serious,since it would be a waste to spend the money on nothing.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'll try to explain the situation,we allready have most of the equipment needed,the seminar itself got some money and so,the teachers were thinking about buying something not so serious,since it would be a waste to spend the money on nothing.

So don't waste it on the nothing that you'll gain from toys like you're describing....

Latest Discussions