EPAK vs. Wu Shen Pai

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Score one for EPAK LOL.

As soon as I walked into Bob Jones' studio on Sat. he came out, sticks in hand and immediately got on the phone and dialed 911, told me I was trespassing and told me I should leave immediately, I DIDN'T. After getting a message from 911 he went to his security keypad and set off the silent alarm to get the security company to respond. All I could tell him was what a sad little man he'd become. I simply stood there and did nothing and he calls the cops. Just figured I'd let people know that I did attempt to settle my differences in person.

DarK LorD

M

MisterMike

Can you give us some background on your differences with him?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please give us that information. It sounds as if the two of you have a long standing fued and that it might have been better if you had stayed away,
So where you arrested or removed from the property?

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
tshadowchaser said:
Please give us that information. It sounds as if the two of you have a long standing fued and that it might have been better if you had stayed away,
So where you arrested or removed from the property?
I can't say as it's been a long standing feud, only the last 4 months or so LOL.

In a nutshell, he was promoted to 5th, he thought he should be wearing a much higher rank than he was and decided that he wasn't going to see it anytime soon in our org. . He joined Phillip Porter's org. and flew him in for a seminar to be witness to his new art " American Wu Shen Pai Kenpo", of which he is the founder and ranking person. We had discussed this in previous phone calls and I told him I thought he was wacky for even thinking that, he didn't have the knowledge to create new art or system. Phillip Porter promoted him to 8th degree and founder of Wu Shen Pai. He doesn't wear the 8th for some silly reason, I'm sure it's because he doesn't want to look like too much of an *** for going up 3 ranks of Black in 4 months than 2. What really pisses me off is he's wearing the KENPO rank, the bar and stripes, after I told him at the very least, wear a different belt to signify his new system if that was the way he was gonna go. Oh well, I guess he just couldn't stand me outranking him legitimately by 2 hard earned stripes.

No, no one came to arrest me, I didn't cause too much of a disruption of than the parents wondering why this 7th degree didn't step up instead of calling the cops. Hell, even Al Farnsworth had the dignity to face me in the same situation without calling the cops, and he did as I asked him very nicely to do, which was to remove his videos from the market, he did within 2 months. Sadly, I have more respect for Farnsworth than I do Jones now. What a sad little man.

DarK LorD

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Due to the nature of this topic, it would probably be best to discuss it off the main forum. PM and Email are 2 options available to our members.

Thanks,

Mike

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
MJS said:
Due to the nature of this topic, it would probably be best to discuss it off the main forum. PM and Email are 2 options available to our members.

Thanks,

Mike
Hey, he did ask LOL. No problem Mike, I'll go private with it.

DarK LorD

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
Hey, he did ask LOL. No problem Mike, I'll go private with it.

DarK LorD

Yeah, I know. Just trying to prevent a flame. I'll shoot ya an email.

Mike

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Being the biggest mouth in Kenpo does nothing for the art. You're a showboat, regardless of your talent.

This was in my rep box yesterday. To whoever wrote it, why didn't you sign it? Or are you a coward like your instructor?

Yes, I'm a showboat, and I've gotta BIG MOUTH, and I like to talk a lot of smack, but I back it up with actions, I don't call the police. I'm old school, you either back it up or you shut up, and take off the rank you didn't earn with blood, sweat, bruises, and stitches.

DarK LorD

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
Hell, even Al Farnsworth had the dignity to face me in the same situation without calling the cops, and he did as I asked him very nicely to do, which was to remove his videos from the market, he did within 2 months. Sadly, I have more respect for Farnsworth than I do Jones now. What a sad little man.

As a side note here. In case anyone is wondering, I am in no way shape or form related to this guy. :) :asian: I don't know him. Never met him. Never heard of him until about 2 years ago after meeting Mr. Conatser.

M

MisterMike

Dark Kenpo Lord said:
I'm old school, you either back it up or you shut up, and take off the rank you didn't earn with blood, sweat, bruises, and stitches.

DarK LorD

Not that this guy did not have it coming, but if you're going to chase after every guy with red bars on his belt, you've got a lot of work ahead of ya.

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
MisterMike said:
Not that this guy did not have it coming, but if you're going to chase after every guy with red bars on his belt, you've got a lot of work ahead of ya.
It fell into my reign of responsibility when I brought him into our org., and he betrayed me, hell, I stayed at his house when I was there. He will get more visits, I can assure you. Make sure you take note of these posts Mike being as you are his internet liason because he won't speak for himself. I suppose that new rank gives him neither the time nor inclination to do so.

DarK Lord

M

MisterMike

Oops, you must have me mistaken. I don't know anything about him. It also seems that we will not be getting any input from the other side of this story so I would like to reccommend the mods close this thread.

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
MisterMike said:
Oops, you must have me mistaken. I don't know anything about him. It also seems that we will not be getting any input from the other side of this story so I would like to reccommend the mods close this thread.
Mike is Mike Lawrence, one of Bob Jones' students, also a member here. He reported the thread and probably gave me the neg. rep points (ooooh, that so hurts).

DarK LorD

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
Being the biggest mouth in Kenpo does nothing for the art. You're a showboat, regardless of your talent.

This was in my rep box yesterday. To whoever wrote it, why didn't you sign it? Or are you a coward like your instructor?

Yes, I'm a showboat, and I've gotta BIG MOUTH, and I like to talk a lot of smack, but I back it up with actions, I don't call the police. I'm old school, you either back it up or you shut up, and take off the rank you didn't earn with blood, sweat, bruises, and stitches.

DarK LorD
Whatever the reasons behind this disagreement, I personally think that the "Put up or shut up" thing is something that is sadly lacking in our modern "civilised" society.
Just my opinion.

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
MisterMike said:
It also seems that we will not be getting any input from the other side of this story so I would like to reccommend the mods close this thread.
i disagree. it was a holiday weekend... give 'em a chance. its not like everyone is tapped into this board 24/7. some seem to be on a drip, LOL, but not most!

from what i've seen, rankings in the AK world are dependant upon which organization you belong to. some seem to have more requirements, some have less, and others are, well, just different. in addition to technical requirements, i've also seen a description of the responsibilities to be accepted at each black belt level... i forget if this was from Larry Tatum's org. or IKKA??

This forum provides an opportunity for one to describe the unique characteristics that separate wu shen pai kenpo from EPAK, how ranking requirements may differ, and the responsibilities of instructor and master levels.

pete.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
pete said:
i disagree. it was a holiday weekend... give 'em a chance. its not like everyone is tapped into this board 24/7. some seem to be on a drip, LOL, but not most!

from what i've seen, rankings in the AK world are dependant upon which organization you belong to. some seem to have more requirements, some have less, and others are, well, just different. in addition to technical requirements, i've also seen a description of the responsibilities to be accepted at each black belt level... i forget if this was from Larry Tatum's org. or IKKA??

This forum provides an opportunity for one to describe the unique characteristics that separate wu shen pai kenpo from EPAK, how ranking requirements may differ, and the responsibilities of instructor and master levels.

pete.

While I agree with you Pete, that this forum gives people the chance to discuss their art, etc. this thread appears to not be taking the route of discussing the differences in Wu Shen Pai compared to EPAK, but instead to discuss the rank that Mr. Jones wears around his waist.

That being said, I highly doubt that anything productive can be gained from that. We instead, will have a screaming match between the 2 sides involved.

Mike

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
pete said:
Apparently in wu shen pai, you rank yourself.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Danjo said:
Apparently in wu shen pai, you rank yourself.

If I got to rank myself I would still be wering a white belt. But I would be one bad *** white belt.

molson

Orange Belt
Reaction score
sometimes the truth is painfull, but somebody has to tell it like it is....

Fastmover

Green Belt
Reaction score
Since this is the Ed Parker section lets talk about something he did with this individual.
It is my understanding that Mr. Parker gave direct instructions to one of his students to
go into Bob Jones school and not to leave without his Black
Belt certificate. Just a bit of history to put all this into perspective.

Im sure Jones saw Clyde walking into his school and remembered this
event. It must be a hell of a thing to have guys coming into your school
to take your Black belt certificate away. Its one thing for Clyde to do it,
but to have the man himself; Ed Parker, want this.......WOW! So even
Parker would police what was out there.

By the way, this name might be more fitting:

Wu Shen 911

Take Care

Latest Discussions