Embedded video problems

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I have had trouble the past week or so viewing embedded video here on MT. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be? I don't think there's a security level issue on my internet settings so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pax,

Chris

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're in the right place. You may need to give a few more details, like what browser you're using and maybe a link to one that's given you problems? And do the videos work if (like YouTube), you go to the source page? Is the problem only on MT?

OP
C

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can see videos on youtube but a quick check on another site reveals that I cannot see embedded videos there, either. Hmm.

An example of a thread with embedded videos I cannot view can be found here (3 videos in first post; all come up blank with just that little square in the top left corner): http://martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84551

I am using IE8.

Hope these details help. Let me know if you need more. (And thanks in advance!)

Pax,

Chria

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with IE8, but I would guess it's a security setting.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Make sure you have the latest Flash plugin for IE8.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not a web guru... but I'd bet on either security settings or the Flash player, too.

Try downloading Firefox and giving it a shot. In the process, you'll probably get the latest Flash player, too. That'll give you an idea of whether the problem is with IE8 and your computer -- or something more complex.

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was told that many youtube videos, when uploaded by the owner, have the option turned off for embedding their videos. You have to 'double-click' them, and view on youtube directly.

Does everyone has the same problem, on the same videos? (sample vid?)

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was having great difficulty with youtube this morning. all is clear, now. it may have had to do with their issues.