Eleven-year-old fights off kidnapper, aids in arrest

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Now thats a great story. A fighting victim and a community who came together to catch that scumbag.

Great Story.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Eleven-year-old Xochil Garcia kept herself ready for the worst, constantly rehearsing in her mind how she could escape an attacker or kidnapper.
Little did she know her hours of mental preparation would pay off - possibly saving the Brooklyn girl's life.
A fine, fine example of what "brain training" can do for you.

Some MA-instructor in Brooklyn should offer this gal free lessons for a year for her courage and staying calm. Imagine how much more formidable she'll be after a year's training in the hands of a great instructor? :D

Great story and a great read as a story about how a child kept herself from being another tragic statistic.

She did a number of right things as well which aided her escape...

1."When [we] went downstairs, he loosened my wrist a little bit. And I took advantage of that and I broke out of where he was holding me and I ran outside."
2. But I calmed down so I could remember my plan."
3. She waited for Mutterperl's hand to go slack, then made a dash toward the building's front door.
4. There, sobbing and shaking, she pressed all the buzzers in the building, summoning her 18-year-old brother, Angel Garcia, and several other concerned neighbors.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great story! Thanks so much for posting it - I think I'll print it off and show it to my TKD students - kids and adults both.

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
It is so nice to hear of a happy ending. May The Lord Jesus continue to care for that young one, and her family. She was prepared, and used it...

1stJohn1:9

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
That was the best story I've heard/ read in a while! Wow- twice her size... Thanks so much for sharing!

scottcatchot

Green Belt
Reaction score
Great article. That's why its important to play the "what if" game to constantly be prepared and have a plan.

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Great story. I liked how the people "pummeled" him. He,he, he. I love it when these bastards get caught. Thats (pummeling)what the NBC crew should be doing on "To Catch a Preditor".
I talk daily with my 11y/o daughter. She rolls her eyes an gives me the "I know dad" rutine. I'll let her read this story.

Latest Discussions