Elbow help

Razul eaox

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok my heavy bag is not leather covered, it is cloth. So when i elbow it is really cutting them up... anything i can do besides buying a new bag?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok my heavy bag is not leather covered, it is cloth. So when i elbow it is really cutting them up... anything i can do besides buying a new bag?

You could:

1) Wear a long sleeve shirt/sweatshirt.

2) Wear elbow or forearm pads.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Elbow pads and long sleeve shirts are a good idea.You also might want to examine the way you're hitting the bag and make sure that the force of your blow is going into the bag and not just sliding along the surface.

OP
R

Razul eaox

White Belt
Reaction score
Im sorry for wasting your time. i guess i was a little tired and didnt think of the long sleeve thing at the time. I ussually do put on long sleeves if they start to hurt but i didnt think of it at the time. Thanks though

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've also taped a bag before with heavy duty plumbing tape - good stickability stuff like ducttape but without any texture on the surface so no chance of skin abrasions.

This is more of a limited life enhancer for a bag though to strecth it over until a new one can be obtained.

OP
R

Razul eaox

White Belt
Reaction score
ive been using the long sleeves, but it still cut me up some when i really get into it, so ill look into the elbow pads