Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43096521/ns/nightly_news/
Estimated 200 to 300 drug scouts
Federal drug agents say Mexican cartel surveillance teams have set up observation posts on most of the mountain-tops in the Arizona west desert area, from the Mexican border to Phoenix more than 100 miles north. Most of that land sits inside the vast Tohono O'odham Indian reservation, which is the size of Connecticut, but is sparsely populated by only about 20,000 residents.
To speak with each other, and with the smugglers below, agents said, the spotters use sophisticated radios with rolling encryption, the sort used by military organizations. They also use radio repeaters and set up solar panels to charge the equipment.
Miles inside the United States
On top of a desert hilltop, near one of the spotter caves, a U.S. Border Patrol truck can be seen far below making its way along a dirt road. “You've got a clear line of sight all the way here to the roads that they coordinate the smuggling loads on,” said Scott.
In the distance, the intersection of two highways can be seen. On a clear day, a person standing here can see all the way south to the Mexican border and a long way north toward Phoenix. “You could see 10 miles from up here," said agent Smith, explaining the reason it's so hard to catch the Mexican spotters is that anyone approaching this area can easily be seen miles before they arrive.

Wait....

Janet Napolitano: Border security better than ever
While the U.S.-Mexico border region has developed a reputation for danger, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano stressed Thursday that protection of the border “is better now than it ever has been” and violence has not spilled into the United States.

Out of curiosity....is Janet Napolitano in the same universe as the rest of us?
Just curious.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No I think she is right, I think the drug cartels have protected themselves along the border better then they ever have...wait... what was she saying?

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
It's pretty bad out here in AZ. From our emergency rooms to the desert areas I hike, camp and ride in.

It's pretty unnerving, calling coyotes way out in the hills and seeing 8 + Mexicans with AK's through your spotting scope, almost as unnerving as watching injured and sick US citizens sit for 6 ours in the ER while we wait on the staff to sort out the hordes of illegals whose tab I'm picking up.

The group I ride desert and MX with found a severed leg out on one of our favorite trails last season... cartel related.

I know all I need to know about the progressives just from the lies they tell the rest of the nation about our borders. Of course, so many of the rest of their policies are just as vile but.....

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well if they're on American soil and in the country illegally and with automatic weaponry, and known criminals ... why not use Apache gunships to get rid of 'em... kinda fitting in a way too... Apache-Arizona-unwanted armed invaders... heh.
Can I get a yeee haw from the pilots of those gunships?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well if they're on American soil and in the country illegally and with automatic weaponry, and known criminals ... why not use Apache gunships to get rid of 'em... kinda fitting in a way too... Apache-Arizona-unwanted armed invaders... heh.
Can I get a yeee haw from the pilots of those gunships?
Posse commitatus, can't use the military for "civilian law enforcement" hmmm, what if we called them violent invaders? How far is it from Fort Hood to Arizona?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They aren't in the US. They are on Indian land.

Latest Discussions