Drag me to Hell review

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Before I saw this movie I knew Sam Raimi was directing it and helped write it. It was Sam returning to Horror since The gift(which written by Billy Bob Thornton was not that bad compared to other flops)We're we going to get the horror of Evil dead fame? Has he changed his direction in horror based on the Spiderman fame?

The reviews were amazing giving it very high praise. But was the movie really worth it?

If you are fan of Evil dead you will not be disappointed. If you have never seen Evil dead you are in for a treat because this is not your average horror movie.

The best way to describe Sam's work in this movie is like a roller coaster. He is bringing you up slow for a fast down hill rush.

But its not just the horror it is the genuis of working cheesy,slap stick like humor into the horror that makes it something only Sam Raimi could pull off as a vetran in the genre.

Justin Long's acting to me shined it is nice to see him doing something outside those Apple commericals because he has a good acting career.
Hopefully this role will allow Alison Lohman to blossom into more acting roles because her acting was well done.

The special effects were really well done and Sam does not pull the punches in using them.

The plot seems very hurried put together and there is alot going on. We know the lady is out for revenge but its not like in Thinner were the guy puts a curse on him because he killed his wife no this is less serious. But maybe that is what Sam wanted and is a tongue in cheek poke at the Gypsy curses. Lorna Raver as the Gypsy lady was great she was a mean,dirty,evil lady and Sam took every way to exploit that.

All and all it is a fun movie you will laugh maybe scream and just have fun with it and that is the point of going to the movies.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Saw it Saturday and loved it. I'm a huge Raimi fan and he's back to what he does best, using his crazy camera angles and skewed humor for horror. Closest thing to this he's done in years is Doc Oc's first scene in Spider Man 2.

Latest Discussions