Don't eat that peanut butter!

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
not just salmonilla but now every other kid's deathly allergic.

when did peanut butter become poisonous?

Probably not all of it, but I think some of it isn't real. At least, real in the sense of a physical allergy. For instance, experiments were done where someone with an extreme peanut allergy would be placed in a room with an empty peanut bar wrapper placed in a waste bin, unknown to that person. They would be fine. They then would be told that a used peanut wrapper was in the bin, and they would immediately develop symptoms of their allergy.

For another, everyone now "knows" that "everyone" has allergies - this has led to claims of allergies where there is no physical evidence. Here is one such case: http://calorielab.com/news/2005/10/09/fake-food-allergy-epidemic-raging-among-kids/
"About 12% of children claimed to have adverse reactions to a food, with peanuts, dairy products, wheat, and fish the most common. Only 2.3% actually had a problem, some with merely an “intolerance,” and some with an actual allergy." and "In a group of 969 infants surveyed by University of Portsmouth (U.K.) researchers, only 2% to 6% (depending on age) had food hypersensitivity as confirmed in clinical tests, despite the fact that the parents of 54% of the infants felt that their children had such sensitivities."

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
actually the product codes is 2111

I've got a jar, but their "more information" number

(866-344-6970)

is either

a) busy

or

b) "That number can not be connected as dialed."

What good is a more information line if it is always busy or broken?

Furthermore, will they reimburse me for BOTH the purchase price AND the postage to send them the lid? Otherwise, I'm out the cost of postage to get my reimbursement.

Corporate bastiches. :mad: