"Dogs are easy" + "owners are idjits"

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
There was a thread here some time back about self-defense against dogs, in which I insisted dogs were easy to defend against. Well, I had the chance to prove it the other day, and execution went flawlessly. It was me, versus 1 pitbull, 1 American Bulldog, 2 dalmations, and a German Short hair (no, none were puppies) (one of my smaller dogs was cowering and trying to run away, and inspired the "chase and bite" instinct in the pack at the dog park, and they proceeded to tear into my little guy at will). I won via curling and strangling two of them at the same time with their own collars (the shorthair and one Dal); and snap-kicking the others in the throat and teeth as they lunged in; using the collared two as shields against whomever I could not kick at that particular moment.

The Pit made 5 seperate and distinct lunges at me, each met with the blade of my foot to his front teeth or lower jaw (lead leg side snap kicks). It ended with him trying to circle around me, and realizing he couldn't. We stood there eyeing each other, him growling, me still hanging two by their collars. Finally, his no-brained owner waddles his back end up to start yelling at me for kicking his dog...the pitbull. He threatened to call the cops; I recommended he should. An hour later, they showed, took a report. Dimwit sez, "Next time I will have him arrested for kicking ANY dog". Sez I, "Next time, I'll wait until your dog has torn a hole in my leg, then sue your butt off and have the dog destroyed. Does that sound like a better idea than you taking some responsibility for restraining your dog?" I continued, in front of the police, to point out that his dog made multiple lunges at me, and not the other way around. My dogs were not involved in the fracas, except to run away once I got the pack off.

Dimwit mentioned the possibility of pressing charges right then and there for me kicking his dog. I offerred that I would also like to press charges for assault and terrorist threat (for what he said in front of a crowd prior to calling the police), and that I would like a copy of the report for my civil suit I planned on filing for the damages to my dog, nerves, and for being attacked by his unleashed pitbull. He was sooo dense, he was unable to interpret that into a "How hosed am I?" message...the cops had to do it for him.

Dogs are awesome (I have a small pack, and they are my kids, since I have none); they are easy to fight, and owners are stupid.

Regards,

Dave

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you came out of that OK Dave. It really is amazing how clueless some people are. This guy has no leash, no control, and obviously no consideration, and YOU are the one thats wrong! :idunno: I would hope in the future this person will be a bit more cautious.

Mike

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
To be honest I don't see what is the big deal about dogs. Dogs have less tools than we. All dogs have is their jaws, humans have their hands, feet, elbows, knees, and not to mention their superior grappling. Unless the man is up against a gamebred Japanese Tosa or some angry Giant Mastiff, I think a man who stands his ground and fights can defend himself against a dog, as long he avoids getting bitten in the balls:erg:.

In any case what person whould run from a dog anyways. The stupidest thing you can do, the dog can easily outrun you and catch you;).

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kane said:
To be honest I don't see what is the big deal about dogs. Dogs have less tools than we. All dogs have is their jaws, humans have their hands, feet, elbows, knees, and not to mention their superior grappling. Unless the man is up against a gamebred Japanese Tosa or some angry Giant Mastiff, I think a man who stands his ground and fights can defend himself against a dog, as long he avoids getting bitten in the balls:erg:.

In any case what person whould run from a dog anyways. The stupidest thing you can do, the dog can easily outrun you and catch you;).

While we may have more tools, lets not forget about the woman in San Francisco that was attacked by 2 dogs, ultimatley leading to her death. Her being female makes no difference as she has a head, 2 hands and 2 feet, just like a man. Personally, I think that being aware is key. In addition, if there was something available to use either as a weapon or shield, I'd much rather attempt that, before I'd start extending my hands/arms.

Mike

OP
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
searcher said:
Glad to hear that you are OK. How is youyr dog doing?
His back has a few welts on it, but I think he'll recover fine. He has an inordinate amount of "silly" in his personality, and doesn't stay down long. Thanks for asking.

D.

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
You are absolutely right! I wish more people understood how much of an advantage we have over the neighborhood dobbie. Your average pet has very little chance against an aware and competent human. However, don't mistake for a second that a pet (even a pitt bull) and a trained guard dog are the same animals. A WELL trained guard dog is a holy terror; fearless and directed. It's hard to stop the kinetic energy 120 lbs of muscle flying through the air at you with a snap kick. Especially when it's aiming at your midsection.

Surely we can win, but there will be collateral damage.

Pack dogs and pets are really no problem. Good job on handling the real problem -- the owner!

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
One thing, as tradrockrat pointed out, that people need to be aware of is the difference between a trained attack dog and an aggressive pet.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
well that's, ummm, interesting. gonna have to rember that. might come in handy.

Sweet Brighit Bless your Blade,

John

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm glad everything worked out in the end. I guess the P.B owner doesn't realise that those dogs are proven to be much more aggressive (esp. dependent in the way their owner raises them). That usually means there could be a good lawsuit against him, and the dog will get put down. Not every dog is apt to attack just at whim. It's all in how they're trained/ raised/ bred. Keep in mind dogs are pack animals- even the average lap dog.

Latest Discussions