Does PO (Kung fu panda) use SYSTEMA?

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Martin Wheeler on Facebook
Actually Po from Kung Fu Panda does use Systema as the basis of the movement, as far as I know. Glenn Berger, who wrote the screenplay, trained with me in Los Angeles for about six months when he was developing the script, and then attended the summer camp to observe Mikhail Ryabko move. True story.

[yt]AWs8WrYhP9c[/yt]

Mark Jakabcsin

Green Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a Japanese comic book with Mikhail as the main character. Big Dennis received a copy from his in-laws and showed it to me the last time we where together. The Mikhail character wears the white gloves from the picture on 'Beyond the Physical'.

Sonny is going to be in a video game soon.

pmosiun1

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think it is chinese martial art for movie choreograph. I don't know how authentic it is but i think if they can get Sifu Kisu, the choreographer of Avatar: the Last Airbender for the next movie. It could be very good.

Yoshin9

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
No the finger hold comes from an almost lost British system known "High Tea Do", the key to the technique is in the use of the pinky finger ;)

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No... if Po used Systema, then the movie would've been "Spetznaz Dancing Bear" & he would be a drunken lout making borscht rather than and overweight noodle maker.

Latest Discussions