Does anybody else sweat like crazy?

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I consider myself to be in reletively good shape, as least as good as most of the people in my classes, I am 6'2 and weight 190lbs, but I swear I sweat twice as much as anyone I know.

I can train for hours on end, but after about 10 minutes, I am drenched in sweat. Not that there is a point to this or anything, I suppose that I am just proclaiming myself to be a big sweaty man. LOL.

Maybe I should consider myself lucky, if I ever need to cut weight, I'm in like flin!

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Including myself, there are maybe only 3 of us in my school that sweat like crazy that fast. And you're right. It has nothing to do with being exhausted. It used to bother me, but as long as I don't smell, I'm okay with it now. And as you just mentioned, unlike most people I can loose weight very quickly when I need to.

R

relytjj

I am in the same boat. After just five minutes of activity I feel like I've been swimming I sweat so much. When I can I wear a headband to soak up some of the head sweat but that usually doesn't work out so well with Hapkido and BJJ, I can only really wear it while doing TKD. Other than that I always wear a white t-shirt under my uniform (grappling gi, not TKD) to keep the sweat on me and off of my training partners. On the plus side, it makes it easier to escape some submissions!

OP
ginshun

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
ya, I always were a t-shirt under my gi.

It doesn't really bother me either, but it is nice to know that I am not alone in my sweatyness. It doesn't seem to bother anyone else either, and oyu are right, I can end up one slippery sucker after not to long a time! LOL!

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sweat like a pig, I do. Not very Jedi.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I sweat like a pig, yeah.

Hmm I thought pigs did not sweat and therefore used the mudd to help keep them cool. I could be wrong though. Now if one means I sweat and stink like a pig, and the phrase has been shortened to Sweat like a pig, then I guess it is just slang. ;)

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ahh. Nothin' like a good verbal sparring match between the big dogs.

arnisador, you're not gonna take that from him, are ya?

[ducks well below radar...]

:popcorn: :)

hammer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yep Im in the same boat, except I only have to think about training and I start sweating, lol. Its worse when your teaching and you get the spray thing happening.

All good!

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gemini said:
Ahh. Nothin' like a good verbal sparring match between the big dogs.

arnisador, you're not gonna take that from him, are ya?

[ducks well below radar...]

:popcorn: :)

Sir!

I resemble that remark! :lol:

Your comment was funny :)

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I gotta be polite to the big guy...I'll be seeing him in person in 2 weeks (right?)!

Yes! I am waiting for Jules to beat me up and tie me in a pretzle.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There was a guy at our gym for awhile, great guy....who as soon as we started working out would literally.......... and I mean LITERALLY, be standing in puddles of sweat....even though he was in fantastic shape and could pound out pushups like nobody's business and was pretty decent in the ring, just a slippery character...

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I sweat a bunch myself. What you have to remember is that it is the quality of sweat that counts not the ammount. It has been shown that superior athletes sweat more than the average person, but they also sweat a better quality of sweat. Sounds funny, but it is true.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
searcher said:
I sweat a bunch myself. What you have to remember is that it is the quality of sweat that counts not the ammount. It has been shown that superior athletes sweat more than the average person, but they also sweat a better quality of sweat. Sounds funny, but it is true.
Okay, now this is interesting. How do you know the quality of sweat?
(honestly curious. Not being a smart a$$ here)

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah!
I do.

I sweat like a fountain. My new motto is "Drop Sweat Daily" meaning that I want to emphasize to my students that they need to work their art Constantly, not missing a day....and work hard.
BUT: For me "Dropping sweat" is a little too easy.
For me a better guage of effort would probably be "Get really really sweaty and winded daily". But that takes tooooo long to say.

Your Brother
John

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ummm.... Sweat... Men...

One thing I can say, it can be very hard to get a good grappling hold on them when working out. There is one guy I train with that probably sweats a ton and he is like a slippery seal...

Just don't sweat the small stuff, this could work to your advantage (against your attackers).

- Ceicei

Latest Discussions