Doc Savage

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am really surprized that with all the fictional characters being brought to the big screen that no one has attemted to do a movie about Doc Savage, The Man of Bronze..There was a horrible version that stared Ron Ely, of the short lived NBC's Tarzan...

Last edited:

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am really surprized that with all the fictional characters being brought to the big screen that no one has attemted to do a movie about Doc Savage, The Man of Bronze..There was a horrible version that stared Ron Ely, of the short lived NBC's Tarzan...

I'm with you Drac, Doc's tailor made for a movie franchise. Course I'd also like to see some of the other pulp characters. A new Shadow film would be great and how about the Avenger?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am really surprized that with all the fictional characters being brought to the big screen that no one has attemted to do a movie about Doc Savage, The Man of Bronze..

Be careful what you wish for........Arnold Schwarzenegger owned the rights (licensed from Conde nast, I think), once, but rumor has it that they were sold to...........

.,......wait for it..........

.........wait for it.........

Will Smith.

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for........Arnold Schwarzenegger owned the rights (licensed from Conde nast, I think), once, but rumor has it that they were sold to...........

Will Smith.

scary.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score

It may well be that horrible version's fate at the box office has scared other film companies away....

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I remember the campy movie. Is Doc Savage too mired in his times to be interesting nowadays?

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Will Smith.

Will Smith??? Noooooooooooooo....He should have been shot for what he did to the Wild Wild West movie...

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It may well be that horrible version's fate at the box office has scared other film companies away....

You are prolly right....I think it was Marvel Comics that did an excellent graphic novel of Doc Savage, all the characters looked like thay had been described in the paperbacks...The movie was a nightmare, they prolly spent more on the stupid march than on casting...

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
I remember the campy movie. Is Doc Savage too mired in his times to be interesting nowadays?

I don't think that's the case. After all, look at the success of the Indiana Jones films. It's just going to take the right person to pull it together. I'm pretty sure that person is NOT Will Smith.