Disney's 2021 Movie Raya

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! And yeah, someone sent that to me last night. I'm really excited to see how it turns out. Hoping that they have an actual FMA practitioner doing the choreography, and make it realistic (or at least as realistic as Disney fighting can be).

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The random folks on Twitter seem very excited to see a trailer in which there are diverse representations of people who are not white (i.e., not a bunch of "generic brown people"), no white people, and prominent use of arnis sticks (even if the actual style used seemed more Chinese than from the Philippines).

I have a 12 year old daughter, so even if it's terrible, I'll still be seeing it. :D

OP
J

Joe Leoben

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing the teaser.
I am really excited about it, aswell as my wife and children :)

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've seen it and loved it. Kinda funny how I saw the memes before the trailer though.

What? You've seen it? Where? I didn't think it was going to be released until March of this year. With all the shut downs I thought it might go strait to streaming on Disney Plus or something.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What? You've seen it? Where? I didn't think it was going to be released until March of this year. With all the shut downs I thought it might go strait to streaming on Disney Plus or something.
He saw the trailer, not the actual movie. Some people do get movies early though..I know some friends of mine in the military would get essentially bootleg copies of movies not yet out while overseas..not sure if that was a legitimate perk they were given, or they just spread through the ranks, but heard that from a few different people.

Latest Discussions