Dillman thoughts?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a few Dillman students on here as well as quite a bit of past discussion. I personally, have never attended a seminar by him. The discussion of pressure points certainly has their pros and cons and often leads into some interesting discussion.

In and of themselves, like anything in the arts, pressure points have their place. Some may have an easier time than others making them work. Speaking for myself, I find that they'd be easier to apply or strike against a grabbing attack. Many times, unless one is very good at hitting the points, it may be hard if the person is moving.

As far as the no touch KO's...I'd want to have it done on me, before I'd buy into that. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of having people repeatedly KO me, but if you notice, many times Dillman uses his own students to try these moves on. That in and of itself, should say something.:wink:

Mike

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree with MJS on this one weather you believe or not is up to you, for me they have to be able to do it to me for me to believe.
terry

PS I still like dragonball z and star wars.

bobster_ice

Black Belt
Reaction score
We sometimes do that in ninjutsu, we dont knock the person out but we strike them with our Ki. I dont believe you can knock someone out by using it but I know you can hurt someone.

MardiGras Bandit

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Dillman's MA experience outside of the chi blast thing, so this post is just about that.

The guy is a fraud and everything wrong with martial arts. The fact that anyone could believe in his ridiculous claims, especially after seeing them refuted many times (not always with Dillman, but there are plenty of chi blast debunking videos out there) boggles my mind. The best part of that video is him trying to explain away the scientists abilty to stay standing. He wiggled his toes? Try again, buddy. Chi blasting is not real, end of the story.

I also like Dragon Ball Z and Star Wars...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bobster_ice said:
That is your opinion MardiGras.

Have you ever had it done to you?

I take that as a no.
Bobster Ice you are probaly right, but remember every person is entitle to there opinion on thes subject. What may or may not be right for you may or may not be right for someone else.
Terry

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have been to several of his seminars, met him, spoken with him, read his books, watched many of his tapes, and have also worked with some of his students.
While I like some of the interpretations behind some of the moves in the katas that are discussed, and i find pressure point fighting interesting, some of the "magic" tricks are not for me. I mean no disrespect to anyone, but some of the things demonstrated and some of the things being believed is just not for me.

MardiGras Bandit

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've never been shot or stabbed, but I know those are effective means of injuring someone because of the overwhelming evidence proving it. Dillman and the other chi blast people can't knock out anyone who doesn't let them do it, they can't even make them flinch. Is it because someone wiggled their tounge at the right time? Or is it because they have no magic powers outside of weak hypnotic suggestion on willing people?

There is no chi blast. It's just that simple.

howard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Do I have this straight?

First, Dillman says he can knock out anybody - tells the interviewer go go get the biggest man in the world, and he can knock him out with one finger.

But later, he says his associate couldn't knock out the 125-lb scientist because: 1). he was a non-believer; 2). he probably raised one toe and pushed another one down; and, best of all, 3). his tongue was in the "wrong" place in his mouth.

I think it speaks for itself.

btw, our Hapkido curriculum uses numerous PPT techniques that require physical contact (pressing / digging / striking). I know that PPT attacks can be effective on most people when done properly. I've had my knees buckled plenty of times in training by them (never been knocked out, but that's not the intent of the techniques anyway).

But chi balls and no-touch knockouts? When I experience it, I'll believe it.

Robert Lee

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Dillman has been around a long time. He even used to be at Alis training camp. I believe he bought the old Ali camp sometime back. as a training center also. I believe he got more into ryuku kempo. /tui te. back in the 80s And probably can at times use nerve stike as knock outs. How often I would say is conditions being right. As each person has a different reaction to this type of application. Even Chuck Norris wathed a demo and said he would have to see it agin and have it demonstrated on him to really believe in it. Several arts use nerve strikes and relie on persons motion to get something off. Myself i would keep it simple as i have seen many times that the fight will not let this happen as easy on a resistive live opponent. But it can at times be done. Now as far as chi Or ki being a strike. With out touching Well I would say I had better see it and feel it to ever believe it. But used for healing I do believe in it in that aspect And have seen it felt it as heat and as touch with out touching And the healing arts I believe can offer this if you look in to them.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This topic has been done to death here before. I invite everyone to run a search on the forums for "Dillman" to read past postings.

Please also remember MT's Fraudbusting Policy in advance. (scroll to bottom of that link)

Thank you.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Why don't you see others doing the same thing? and if it was true..do you believe there would be many others doing the same thing?

There are pressure points...this is true? but to be able use them for defense, while fighting? Um?

If it works like he says it does...how come all the police departments and military do not contact and train from him? The FBI, CIA,boundy hunters all could use that type of knock-out?

In the real world....? Will pressure points work? ....if it did...he wouldn't be the only one preaching and teaching them....

The chinese have made the map of pressure points, acupunture, and Chi....but did you see any of them..using pressure points in fighting? ..and actully knock-out people..left and right?

If it work..we all be using them instead of our fist,elbows,knees,and feet.

Keep in touch?

One more thing...if pressure points work...how come they do not work when people get hit all over the place.

The pressure points by dillman..make like their are buttons on our body and press them....knock-out?

Tonight I will look for them on my wife...to see if I can knock-her out?

I will let know the results later....gotta practice and test this....ahhhhhh?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, If it sounds too good to be true.....let the buyer beware.....Aloha

You will hear, read, and see many things in the martial art world...of one touch knock-out, special techniques to end a fight anytime, special drills to increase body,minds, to get you to spend your money. $$$$$

If it was true...everyone will be doing it...or have one...

For a special price....$ 2,500.85...We can tell you how to save your life..?
special martial art technique...and for a mere $600.00..we will throw in two more techniques...buy all this...and get a free $10.00 coupon to Wal-mart. (Note: must be first 700 callers that order...Please call as soon as possible......################################

.....Aloha

OP
R

Ross

Orange Belt
Reaction score
still learning said:
Hello, If it sounds too good to be true.....let the buyer beware.....Aloha

You will hear, read, and see many things in the martial art world...of one touch knock-out, special techniques to end a fight anytime, special drills to increase body,minds, to get you to spend your money. $$$$$

If it was true...everyone will be doing it...or have one...

For a special price....$ 2,500.85...We can tell you how to save your life..?
special martial art technique...and for a mere $600.00..we will throw in two more techniques...buy all this...and get a free $10.00 coupon to Wal-mart. (Note: must be first 700 callers that order...Please call as soon as possible......################################

.....Aloha

LOL

Sorry, if I've repeated any one previously by posting this thread, but seeing this recent National Geographic it made me realise that he was still about and maybe he did have something. Unfortunately, outside of Streetfighter arcade games I can't see some of this stuff happening.

As far as my limited understanding of Chi, it flows along the meridian lines within your body. However, putting it into a ball and 'throwing it' I find hard to believe - that's not to say that it isnt possible, it just means that I'd have to have it done to me to believe it.

Pressure points on the body - yes they do work. Can they knock you out? Yes, BUT only if the body is in a suseptible position (negative body position) that will facilitate this.

howard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
still learning said:
The chinese have made the map of pressure points, acupunture, and Chi....but did you see any of them..using pressure points in fighting? ..and actully knock-out people..?
As a matter of fact, there are several internal Chinese arts that make extensive use of PPT attacks. Some of the attacks can produce physiological knockouts. Well-placed strikes to Stomach 9, along the carotid artery, are an example. But reputable teachers of these arts don't claim to be knocking people out by throwing chi balls.

still learning said:
One more thing...if pressure points work...how come they do not work when people get hit all over the place.
Not quite sure what you mean by this, but hitting somebody all over the place is not the same as attacking PPTs. PPT attacks have to be pretty precise, which is why a lot of people think they're better suited to grappling situations than to "boxing" situations.

PPT attacks definitely work on most people, but it seems that a lot of people have the misconception that they are some kind of magic way to produce effortless knockouts. They are not. In old-school Hapkido they are used to produce a momentary reaction in the nervous system that renders a person vulnerable - certain ones will buckle your knees, get you up on your toes or make you shudder. These reactions typically last only a fraction of a second in most people, but that fraction of a second gives the defender an opportunity to apply a counter technique.

It would be a shame for the highly suspect stuff being put out by certain people to cause everybody to doubt that PPT attacks can ever be effective. They have a long history of use in Oriental TMA.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, In boxing I believe there are three main points for knocking a person out.
1. Hitting the kidneys
2. Upper cut to the chin
3. Hitting the temple

Please do your own research on this....base only from what I found so far......

If we had areas like buttoms to push to knock-out...would't it be nice to use them? ............On-off-on- off.....Aloha

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I believe in ki energy or chi however I believe that one must make contact to the person to have an effect. There is a reason for the breaking demos where someone breaks the bottom brick or board without leaving a scratch on it. I have done and its extremely difficult to do or why someone can break a patio block with a strike from an inch away. But no touch knockouts I have a heard time with. But I do believe some people can more things without touching them even lines of people but I have a serious problem with no touch knockouts. I believe his pressure point teachings are accurate and they are good when contact is made though. The no touch thing I am another one I would have to have it done on me. The other thing is why did Leon Jay perform the no touch knockout attempt instead of George Dillman when Dillman's supposed to the expert? Not that Leon Jay is any slouch because he isn't he is a great martial artist.

NOZR1

White Belt
Reaction score
LMAO!!! That video is hilarious. A big thanks to Dillman for making me laugh. :lol: