Different types of short power?

qianfeng

Green Belt
Reaction score
In cma there are many style which utilise different types of short power for example power in wing chun is different to baji.

What is the use of these different types of power and which type do you prefer?

For example Baji uses a very strong power to knock the opponent down in techniques like ding Zhou and tie shen kao

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not a short hand player. But I've been hit by a couple in different training opportunities. If they know it & you get into their range, you will get hammered. Unfortunately that's about all I've got on it. :punch:

OP
Q

qianfeng

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm not a short hand player. But I've been hit by a couple in different training opportunities. If they know it & you get into their range, you will get hammered. Unfortunately that's about all I've got on it. :punch:

Does clf have much short range stuff? it is southern art

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Does clf have much short range stuff? it is southern art

Yeah both CLF & Lama Pai have "short range" stuff. Actually they both have lots of it, but it's not short hand power generation. The power is still a long hand generation (ground/feet/legs/waist/core/back/limbs/circles/lines/penetration length/etc...) just done in a very small space.

And I will say, this is to my experience with both so far. The further I go, I may learn differently. But for now... space is a range only & is relative but the power generation is long.