DF: What makes a guru?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
What makes a guru?
By MasterKaliSilat - Sun, 19 Nov 2006 14:39:56 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

We'd like to know. I've been promoting Kali Silat since I started in 1972 and have some interesting ideas on what makes a guru. I'll even help you get started if this is your desire. Teach one, help one and help yourself. I asked Grand Turhon Leo Tortal Gaje,Jr. in 1972 / 73 if I can start teaching someone, since it helped me to learn.

I had three private students back then, a NY detective, a radio news caster for KISS FM, and a traveling jewerly salesman.

Wow! I helped myself learn in the bast was possible, helping others to learn, it helped myself. As a matter of fact, I changed some of the early material, here and there.

In one instance Guro Dave Gould asked me why. Why I seem to catch his weapon more then he was catching mine, this was back in the early 90's when he invited me to California to do a seminar for his group. Quite fankly I didn't have the answer, but he recoginized right away that I reversed the footwork in our four wall tapi-tapi drill.

Doing so change the way I can capture your weapon, and of course, the purpose what not to try to capture it, but not to be hit with your opponents weapon, because we don't canre about disarming, we only care, "Can I stop you, or can you stop me!? No matter what.

Well take a look at some free downloads at http://WebNewsOnline.com/PekitiTirsia
Thanks, Greg

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - FMA Feed