DF: 'Things I should have learned about WC in a year but didnt.'

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
'Things I should have learned about WC in a year but didnt.'
By tjwingchun - Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:07:45 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

First proper thread but will carry on the stance theme started by Thai Bri in my 'introduction'.

Most peoples idea of a Wing Chun stance is from stupid people trying to use the stances from the forms to fight with rather than the knowledge that they give you if you investigate them properly.

Stances from the first 2 forms are there simply to make you aware of your legs, develop strength and balence, in the third it is more flexible for real use.

To understand you legs takes time, hence many think of Chum Kiu as the most difficult form to learn as it introduces you to how you arms work together with the rest of the body and links the hand to the ground via the stances and the generation of energy through the various muscle groups.

The 'Skippy' hop stance that you see in many schools especially used along with chain punching is the most destructive practice routine for power development.

Simplifying each aspect of stepping and how it is being used allows you to involve it into everthing you do in Wing Chun.

Thai Bri I see the dropping step in the first and last section of Chum Kiu also linked to the uppercut in Biu Gee, but I will put more details in the next post.

Chain punching I only use as an exercise not an application, (though it can be effective against unskilled fighters), similar to the speed ball training in boxing which I respect and understand now through the Dempsey book.

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - CMA Feed

Latest Discussions