Demo at Fairfield University January 24, 2009

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello all,

My demo team and I will be performing a Demo at Fairfield University here in CT on Saturday January 24, 2009 at 6pm. It will be a 40 minute demo and it will take place in the Oak Room. We will be featuring kenpo karate, Modern Arnis, weapons, and self defense. Hope some of you can make it!

OP
stickarts

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The night started out a bit shaky since the university was MUCH larger than we expected, and then once we found the right place it looked like the music wouldn't work, and only a few people were in attendance. But then they got the music to work, and seemingly out of nowhere, 150+ students poured into the room! The demo was one of the best that we have ever done and the crowd was amazing in their attentiveness as well as their applause during the demo and compliments after the demo.
I thought there would be other events taking place, but as it turned out, WE were the event. :) Fortunately it all went well. I couldn't resist: at the end of the demo I did the joint lock flow (dance of pain) on my student. It was fun.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad it went well for you!
icon14.gif

OP
stickarts

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you! The door is open for another visit with them next year. That was our first demo at a large University. What an awesome experience.

Latest Discussions